Socket Error # 10054

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

dmg993

Socket Error # 10054

Post by dmg993 »

Hi, Guys

I'm new to EPIM. Just downloaded and installed.

1. When performing send and receive, one of my emails runs fine, the other returns an error message "Socket Error # 10054." Any help you can give me on how to fix this?

2. My Outlook 2002 .pst file seems to be corrupted. It works fine in Outlook, but when I try to export to a .pst file I get the message "Errors have been detected in the file Z:\temp\backup3.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool."

So, obedient boy that I am, I close Outlook and run SCANPST.EXE, which results in the following helpful message, "An error has occured which caused the repair to be stopped. Some modifications may have been made to the scanned file."

Any suggestions for further repair efforts on my Outlook file?

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Dan
admin
Site Admin

Re: Socket Error # 10054

Post by admin »

Hello Dan,

1. Make sure account settings are correct (connection through SLL enabled, for example). Is it a public server? We could check it on our side then..
2. Are you running SCANPST.EXE when Outlook is closed?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
windsurfer
Novice

Post by windsurfer »

I have 8.63 Pro and when i send/receive i get the socket error on occasion. I know all my setting are correct and it happens to different account at different times where other gmails sync okay.
Attachments
Screenshot_7.png
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

If that happens from time to time, then it is something related to your Internet connection.
Maxim,
EPIM Team