Backup of database warning message

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

Wiley II

Backup of database warning message

Post by Wiley II »

I get the following message everytime I start EssentialPim Ver. 4.24 free.

Warning

Backup of your database file did not succeed. Either there is not enough space on your backup disk or the database file needs consistency check. Restart EssentialPIM immediately to re-run database checks and backup.

I searched support for the problem, and found that I should use EssentialPIM Synchronizer. I did that and when I run the synchronization, I get the following message:

access violation at address 0040520E in module 'EPIMSync.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFF

I could use help.

Thank you,
Jack

Max
Site Admin

Re: Backup of database warning message

Post by Max »

Hello,

message says exactly what might be the problem. Maybe you are lacking space on that drive.
Maxim,
EPIM Team

Wiley II

Post by Wiley II »

Thanks for the reply. I should have said that the drive has over 50% free space.
Jack

Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Maybe database is corrupted. Look for earlier backups (which EPIM makes automatically and which do not give the error), or send it to us at ma@essentialpim WITH a link to this topic. Will try to fix it.
Maxim,
EPIM Team

zpearl

Post by zpearl »

Hi Max:

I also have this problem. I used the 5.51 free version. Please tell me what should i do .

Thanks,
Judy

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please see the reply above your post. Another way would be to try to sync you existing database file into the new one using EPIM Synchronizer.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!