Signature

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

joelkevinbaker
Novice

Signature

Post by joelkevinbaker »

update needed please. allow for pre-defined signatures and original user made signatures either or not both (on epim free.) not here in the forum
Windows 10 Home 1607 64 bit
EPIM Free 7.11
NormTheStorm
Guru

Re: Signature

Post by NormTheStorm »

Hello.

I do not know if it works under Epim Free but try this:

Tools\Account settings
Select your account
Edit button
Signature Tab

If you are a new comer, I would recommend that you navigate in http://www.essentialpim.com/help/

It is a good tutorial.
NormTheStorm
Win10 Home Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4170) 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, EPIM Pro Life 11.8.4
joelkevinbaker
Novice

Post by joelkevinbaker »

I see sign message is only on pro. is that different or the same thing as "signature..." (edit) (I guess I could always manually enter a signature.)
EPIM Free 7.11
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

I don't use the free version so can't say much there, but this is how the Signature system looks/works on pro.
Pretty much you can set an outgoing signature for each mail account, and I'm pretty sure that's pretty much it.
2016-08-05_223131.png
2016-08-05_223131.png (5.42 KiB) Viewed 4250 times
I don't use it myself as I don't want a generic signature being sent on everything I send. It would be much more useful if the mail rule system had an attach signature option so you could setup rules for signatures to only be attached to specific messages.
NormTheStorm
Guru

Post by NormTheStorm »

I agree with you MetalDrop.

I do not use a signature either as I was stuck to remove it because not needed most of the time.

It would be nice to create one and have it available under Insert\Signature in the menu of New Message window.
insert signature.PNG
insert signature.PNG (6.37 KiB) Viewed 4247 times
NormTheStorm
Win10 Home Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4170) 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, EPIM Pro Life 11.8.4
joelkevinbaker
Novice

Insert Signature

Post by joelkevinbaker »

it actually sounds to me that the insert signature in the new message window would be a good idea. But I need to be able to make my own signatures? Is that possible in the free version if there is an update?
EPIM Free 7.11
joelkevinbaker
Novice

Insert Signature

Post by joelkevinbaker »

it actually sounds to me that the insert signature in the new message window would be a good idea. But I need to be able to make my own signatures? Is that possible in the free version if there is an update? trial version works for only 30 days....i did not know free meant trial? what is this...goodness
EPIM Free 7.11
MetalDrop
Guru

Re: Insert Signature

Post by MetalDrop »

joelkevinbaker wrote:it actually sounds to me that the insert signature in the new message window would be a good idea. But I need to be able to make my own signatures? Is that possible in the free version if there is an update? trial version works for only 30 days....i did not know free meant trial? what is this...goodness
I went and downloaded the portable version of the free version and the signature system is the same in it as pro.

Once you make an account simply go back and edit the account Main Menu > Tools > Account Settings > Select and account > Edit > Signature.

P/s
There are two version of EPIM
- Free with a small ad that is always free (Note the ad moves around the interface a bit so I can't say exactly where it is but if you do not see the ad you are not using the real free version.)

- Pro Trial which is free for a limited time, if you want always free make sure you are downloading the one marked as such.

Examples of the ad to look for:
ad1.png
ad1.png (5.45 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
ad2.png
ad2.png (6.19 KiB) Viewed 4234 times