HELP!! How to proceed after USB version download?

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Zorro88

HELP!! How to proceed after USB version download?

Post by Zorro88 »

I downloaded the free USB version, but get completely confused on how to proceed after the download. Is there any tutorial for that? I also downloaded the regular PC version, but I cannot figure out how to keep my data off the PC and on my USB only, after exiting. Help please!!
MetalDrop
Guru

Re: HELP!! How to proceed after USB version download?

Post by MetalDrop »

The portable / USB version is pretty straight forward simply place the unzipped folder on your USB key or wherever else you want to store your data and then double click the "EssentialPIM.exe" when you want to lunch the program.

As for the standard version all you really need to do is understands that all your data is stored in the .epim file just like how all your data is stored in a .txt file when working with notepad for example. If you want to store your data some place specific on your computer you can either move the .epim files and then re-open them yourself, or you can simply go to Main Menu > File > Save As
and save it to anywhere you would like just like any other file or document on your computer.
Zorro88

Re: HELP!! How to proceed after USB version download?

Post by Zorro88 »

Thanks I will try that