Synchronization Android and PC

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

RickyB

Synchronization Android and PC

Post by RickyB »

Hi All,

First post, thanks in anticipation of your support.

I have used EPIM free for a while now but this week it will not allow synchronization.
My PC is Win 7 with EPIM Version 7.13. My Android is a Samsung S6 with EPIM 4.2.6. In Data Management I have 'cleared Android Data' and 'Optimized Database' the database size is 25.13 MB. 77504 Appointments and 491 Contacts (I don't sync tasks etc).

When I start a sync, on the PC it does the Contacts okay then starts 'Synchronization Appointments' the blue progress bar appears to complete but it keeps running for about 30 minutes then goes off (the data on my phone does not transfer to the PC or visa versa).

During Synchronization me phone says 'Syncing Events' and a blue circle just turns and turns for about 30 minutes then I get a message saying 'Unfortunately EPIM has stopped working'.

All advice would be appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Synchronization Android and PC

Post by admin »

Please enable the extensive logging feature in Tools->Options->Synchronization, then try to synchronize again. If the problem persists, please forward me the latest log file (it can be found here: Tools->Options->Synchronization, Browse...) Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
RickyB

Post by RickyB »

Hi Admin, I have the log and tried to PM you but it had too many characters, how do I send the log to you?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We got the log via email, thanks. Although it was from a backup process.. Nevertheless, we've released a new Android EPIM 4.5 Beta 1 version today. Please feel free to download and install it. The problem most likely will not occur with it. Here's the download link: http://www.essentialpim.com/download/be ... lPIM45.apk (note, to install this version, you might need to enable the "Unknown sources" option in System Settings->Security on your Android device).
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!