Way to change default appointment duration?

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

WillSee

Way to change default appointment duration?

Post by WillSee »

Trying out EIPM with the free version. Running windows 10, updated.

When I create a new appointment it defaults to an all day event. I'll rarely create one of those.

Is there any way to change it so that all day is not preselected? I've not been able to find it in the options or help file.

TIA
MetalDrop
Guru

Re: Way to change default appointment duration?

Post by MetalDrop »

I do not believe their is any option to change that.
However if you are in Calendar view for Day or Week and double click on a time slot instead of being all day it will be default to being half an hour at the time slot you clicked, or if you click then shift click to another time it will be that time range.
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

please tell, which version (number) you are using and a screenshot of how where you click to create an Appointment.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
WillSee

Post by WillSee »

Clipboard04.jpg
I'm using Version 2.13.1. I have the monthly (current month) calendar displayed on my desktop. I right click on the month name or the date I get a context menu as shown. If I choose "New Event", as does double clicking on the date, the New Event form opens with all day event selected.
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

WillSee wrote:Clipboard04.jpgI'm using Version 2.13.1. I have the monthly (current month) calendar displayed on my desktop. I right click on the month name or the date I get a context menu as shown. If I choose "New Event", as does double clicking on the date, the New Event form opens with all day event selected.
Your provided screenshot is from the program "Rainlendar"
If you need support for that program you should use their forum:
http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php ... &Itemid=42
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
WillSee

Post by WillSee »

OOPS! This isn't the first time I've had egg on my face

I am having the same issue with EssentialPIM.

On the highlighted (blue) day double clicking or right clicking and selecting add or using the insert key brings up the "new appointment" box shown, with full day event preselected.
Attachments
a pim.jpg
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Whenever you are creating events in Month view they will by "All- day" by default. If you create Appointments from Day or Week view- default setting will be not All-day in most cases.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
WillSee

Post by WillSee »

Thank you. From this I understand that when creating an event in month view there is no way to change the default duration, but the daily/weekly don't (usually) default to all day.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

That's correct.
Maxim,
EPIM Team