Moving PIM to a new computer (Win 10)

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Brian Ellard
Novice

Moving PIM to a new computer (Win 10)

Post by Brian Ellard »

I have downloaded the Essential PIM software from your site but am struggling to move my old data over.

I located the PIM folder in (x86) and copied the brian schedular. epim.bak file into x86 essential PIM on the new computer to no avail.

Could I please ask you what files to copy over inorder to retrieve my original data.

I did try copying the whole of the original computers x86 Essential PIM folder contents but it would not let me copy a couple of dll files.

Thanks for any help
Max
Site Admin

Re: Moving PIM to a new computer (Win 10)

Post by Max »

Hello,

the only file that you need from old computer is your database. It can be *.epim or *.epim.bak- just find the latest, make copy of it. If that's *.epim.bak file- rename it to *.epim file. Then copy to your new computer, use File-> Open menu to open the database.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Brian Ellard
Novice

Post by Brian Ellard »

Thanks for the above. The Contacts, Notes and Tasks were all fine in transferring. However nothing on the calendar transferred. The calendar was to to log bookings for the Church hall and were all colour coded for each activity. Any thoughts on retrieval would be most helpful.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

EPIM uses a single database for all types of items. It is technically impossible for database to lose a part of data, while preserving the other part.
Please make sure you are opening the correct *.epim file and that you do not have a synchornization that can wipe out the data.
Please also you are also not filtering anything in Calendar view (which may indeed hides items)
You can check also by visiting File-> Database Management and checking how many "Appointments" you have.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Brian Ellard
Novice

Post by Brian Ellard »

Once again thanks for your help. I have checked the database management file and there are 2961 appointments along with the numbers for the items I can see.

So it would appear the data has copied over. However I could do with a little help on the 'Filtering' bit. I have checked through all the drop down menus but nothing re filtering.
Brian Ellard
Novice

Post by Brian Ellard »

I changed the calendar date to 2009 and up came all my data. Advancing the calendar just took me to mid 2010 when the data disappeared. Do you have to use File - Exit to save updated data or is it automatic when one just shuts the program down via top right icon as my wife normally does?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

EPIM saves data automatically on exit including using the top right corner.
Maxim,
EPIM Team