EPIM Today and appointments

If you are using Free version, please post your questions here. Please note, Free version support is done on a low priority basis.

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

kk_in_zdf
Novice

EPIM Today and appointments

Post by kk_in_zdf »

Hello,
I'm running EPIM 7.65.1 on Windows10. On view EPIM Today, all appointments have disappeared with the exception of the categories anniversary and holiday. I have tried several options without success. For the options that belong to module EPIM Today I have selected all categories. What do I have to do, to see the appointments again on the EPIM Today view? By the way: if you change the language from German to English, the EPIM Today view shows the names of the days in advance in German, the others in English (not that important for me).
Thank you for help.

Klaus
Max
Site Admin

Re: EPIM Today and appointments

Post by Max »

Hello,

it is highly unlikely EPIM has lost any data. Most likely EPIM has opened a new database.
Please use File-> Open to open your correct database (you can also search your computer for *.epim files- one of them should be your database)
Regarding language change- it as expected, since in EPIM Today some of the data is taken from Windows. So if your Windows is using Germans settings, some of the data (e.g. day names) will be in German.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
kk_in_zdf
Novice

Post by kk_in_zdf »

Hello again,
thank you very much for your very quick reply. Sorry, my first posting was a bit imprecise: my appointments have not disappeared completely, they are just no longer shown in the view EPIM Today. In the calendar view they all are present. As I wrote in my first posting, I tried several EPIM Today options without success. There I also selected all categories for display. What do I have to do, so that the appointments are displayed again in the view EPIM Today? Thank you
Klaus
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Please go to Tools-> Options-> EPIM Today and make sure all required checkboxes are checked.
If that does not help, then go to File-> Database Management and note the path to your database.
Then, please quit EPIM, then search your computer for EPIM.ini and delete it.
Start EPIM, direct it to *.epim file.
This resets EPIM settings and you should see the items.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
kk_in_zdf
Novice

Post by kk_in_zdf »

Unfortunately both proposals have not changed anything. Maybe screenshots can explain the problem better. Therefore I add screenshots of: EPIM Today view, calendar view and EPIM Today options. Perhaps this will help.
Thanks, Klaus
Attachments
EPIMToday.jpg
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello Klaus,

indeed, those screenshots might help, but looks like you added only 1 screenshot.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
kk_in_zdf
Novice

Post by kk_in_zdf »

Hello Maxim,

sorry for my late answer. Due to a hardware problem, I was without internet for two weeks. In the meantime I solved the problem myself: unfortunately I had not selected the category 'None' under Tools -> Options -> EPIM Today (all other categories were selected). As a result, EPIM Today displays only full-day events associated with a category (for example, Anniversary). Of course, all-day events without a category are then not displayed in EPIM Today, but neither will the hourly appointments. Selecting also 'None' as a category for to show the appointments, solved my problem.
Klaus
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Glad to see the issue is resolved now.
Maxim,
EPIM Team