Can't sync iphone after updating to Windows 10

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
harpsharon@juno.com

Can't sync iphone after updating to Windows 10

Post by harpsharon@juno.com »

I performed a sync between my iphone and PC with no issues, as usual, before updating to Windows 10. Now, despite reinstalling the program on the PC and deleting and reinstalling the app on my phone, I am unable to sync. I get a connection failed message every time. I deleted previous sycs and tried to pair the device again without success. I double checked my firewall to be sure EPIM is trusted. I restarted the iphone. I depend on this program to keep my calendar and contacts safe and up to date. Please help!
Max
Site Admin

Re: Can't sync iphone after updating to Windows 10

Post by Max »

Hello,

as you can see, if the synchronization was working before and now it is not, the problem is not with EPIM.
Please go over the checklist:
http://essentialpim.com/help/troublesho ... hroniz.htm
please also make sure iTunes is installed.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
harpsharon@juno.com

I've gone over the checklist and everything I could find in the forum several times before emailing you. I understand the problem is not with EPIM, but I'd hoped maybe someone else had a similar problem and you had found a solution. I'm attaching screenshots from iTunes, EPIM on the PC, and my iPhone to see if you spot anything off. Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_3315.PNG
IMG_3314.PNG
IMG_3313.PNG
EPIM.png
iTunes.png
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

Upgraded from win7 to win10. Epim syncs w/iPhone5 same as before. The appointments are a little slow but tasks and contacts are much faster. Works under both admin and local win10 accounts. I have found some problems under internal network connecting to a win8 machine with the admin account (xxx@hotmail.com) ie.homegroup. Local account works OK without homegroup for sharing. I didn't see references to an antivirus or maybe a firewall. I had Comodo firewall before and disabled for upgrade. Had to reinstall and patch after upgrade.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

harpsharon@juno.com, the screenshots indicate that the problem is with Firewall or Network settings.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
harpsharon@juno.com

Thanks. I already tried with the firewall disabled, so maybe Win 10 did something to change the network settings.
glenndmel

Post by glenndmel »

I had the same problem. it usually works on my windows 8. Anyone has a solution here?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

we have a lot of users on Windows 10 who synchronize successfully with iOS app. Here is the checklist for troubleshooting:
http://essentialpim.com/help/troublesho ... hroniz.htm
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Imaginativeone
Novice

Post by Imaginativeone »

Can't sync iPhone with Windows 10 either. I have referred to the worthless checklist. Still doesn't work. So far, this is a LOT of money for nothing.
abparsons

Post by abparsons »

I was able to sync my iphone on Sept. 18, 2016, but now it won't sync. It is connected to the wi-fi and at times lists my pc. When I hit start the connection fails, as others have posted their screenshots. The "help" people just refer me to the trouble shooting guide, which I have already tried. i am not a computer wiz and did not know that I would need to be for this program. I noticed someone wrote that if connection failed, then it is not the essential pim pro program? Can someone explain how to check firewall settings or what else I can try?
ALM
Novice

Post by ALM »

I cannot sync from Windows 10 to ipad IOS V10.3. Been trying for a month now. Laptop & ipad are both on the same wifi connection. I have tried the troubleshooting guide, no luck. Emailed with the guys at Astonsoft, no luck. Talked with Apple, Microsoft & Internet provider, no luck. I've uninstalled Norton & disabled windows firewalls, no luck. I don't even get to the "start" button on the Ipad. I notice that the EPIM app for Ipad was last updated Sept 2014. Could that be a problme? Seems like some of the people in this post had the same problem. Have you solved it? And how?
no_problems

Post by no_problems »

if you didnt do it, try download and install icloud on your windows. then, log into your apple acount. it should help.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

It's worth noting also that iOS EPIM app was updated meanwhile.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Lee S
Beta Team

Post by Lee S »

Good Evening Max
Using Epim 7.53 released today did a successful connect and sync to iPhone5 for contacts, calendar, and tasks.
Got my contact groups back and don't need to interface with google or icloud to do it
Thank You
Lee S
ALM
Novice

Post by ALM »

Turns out Apple Bonjour Services was disabled. I uninstalled & reinstalled it, and now sync works perfectly.
This should be put in the "troubleshooter" for syncing problems.