Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
danmichsr
Novice

Duplicate Contacts

Post by danmichsr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:54 pm

I have the following:
Windows 10 EssentialPIM Desktop 7.53
Samsung Galaxy 8+
Have the desktop synced to just allow one way (Desktop to Phone)
On android install I never allow sync or connection to anything other than the desktop.
I can purge and then sync and the dups come back. I've uninstalled and cleaned the phone of stray files and the problem still persists.

Windows Essential works good.

Just someplace on my phone apparently that it's pulling in from Gmail or some other long ago app.

Thanks big time.

Dan

admin
Site Admin

Re: Duplicate Contacts

Post by admin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:54 am

Please enable the extensive logging feature in Windows EPIM by clicking on Tools->Options->Synchronization, then try to synchronize again. If the problem persists, please forward me via PM here in the forum the latest log file from Win EPIM (it can be found here: Tools->Options->Synchronization, Browse...) and mention couple of contacts that were duplicated after last sync. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!

danmichsr
Novice

Post by danmichsr » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:33 pm

I've deleted all contacts in the Android version. Did what you said and synced again and now no duplicates. But, memberships didn't come through. Needed to go back in on desktop and remove one item and add it back in and then sync. Which brings in all the rest for that group.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:22 am

Interesting, if you use a 2-way sync option then clearing the sync data in WinEPIM (File->Database Management->Android, Clear) should help.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!