Android app translation and beta testing

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
admin
Site Admin

Android app translation and beta testing

Post by admin »

Hello All!

We’d like to introduce couple of changes related to EssentialPIM for Android application.

First of all, we decided to switch to the translation management system in order to have a centralized translation base for the app and simplify the process of translating and submitting new and updated language projects. This is going to be a much better experience as for us as for you (our beloved translators :)) than having language strings inside EessentialPIM for Windows language file. So; if you would like to participate, please send me a PM here in the forum and I’ll reply back to you with an invite.

Secondly, we thought it would be great to utilize the Google Play’s ability to publish Beta versions of EssentialPIM for Android app couple of days (or maybe even weeks) before its official release to a closed group of beta testers. We’re going to publish EssentialPIM for Android 2.5 Beta1 version today and believe me there’s lots of changes you’re going to love ;) Wish to be a part? Again, please PM me and I’ll reply you back with instructions.

All in all, we think these changes are going to bring some fun and maybe even prove to have an educational purpose :) And, of course, you can be a translator and a beta tester simultaneously.

Thank you for your attention!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
elsynco
Novice

Re: Android app translation and beta testing

Post by elsynco »

I would like to join the beta testing group. How do I do this please. Nowhere on this forum can I find how to do this.
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

admin wrote:Secondly, we thought it would be great to utilize the Google Play’s ability to publish Beta versions of EssentialPIM for Android app couple of days (or maybe even weeks) before its official release to a closed group of beta testers.
Wish to be a part? Again, please PM me and I’ll reply you back with instructions.
Seems clear how to join the beta testers group, send a PM to ADMIN.

Also with some simple search on this board you can find this topic; viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14517
That also gives some extra information, but again most important, just send a PM to admin and he will inform you about the steps needed to join the Android Beta testers group.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

Remark for the beta testers, just to be sure. I had problems with synchronizing with the last versions. But that can be expected, because they are beta releases. Also I found out that clearing synchronisation data in EPIM windows AND wiping ALL data from the Android device (in Android settings) did solve my problems. After that I could synchronize my data again, no error messages or other problems.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17