Calendar view and Password queries/suggestions

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
ayjayh
Novice

Calendar view and Password queries/suggestions

Post by ayjayh »

Just getting into EPIM (paid for Android Pro version), and have a couple of queries:-
1) In the Agenda view of Calendar it would be useful to show the day of the week in addition to the date
2) It would be nice to also include days which don't have events.
Are either of these available at present, or will they be included at a future date?

Password Categories:- I have imported all my passwords (a few hundred) from another program into EPIM Pro and set them up in Tree fashion categories on my desktop.
In the Android app, all the tree structure is lost and I am just left with a long list of entries.
Is there a way to show the structure or are there plans to introduce it?

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: Calendar view and Password queries/suggestions

Post by admin »

1. Will be included in the next version.
2. You mean show empty slots in the Agenda view? Could you please share as to why that could be useful for you?

With regards to the passwords groups - ability to create and work with hierarchical structure in the nearest plans.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ayjayh
Novice

Post by ayjayh »

Thanks for the positive replies.
Regarding showing empty days on the Agenda view, this is the view I use the most on my phone for checking appointments.
For example, this morning I needed to arrange a date in the future when I could be at home all day to receive a delivery.
Scrolling through my Agenda I eventually noticed that 26th April was missing and therefore free. Since I am retired and use your program for personal activities I don't have the regular structure I once had as a working man. Hence I could not immediately know on what day of the week the 26th was, i.e. it might have been at a weekend so useless.
Yes I know I could easily have found the empty day by scrolling through the week view, it's just that I am so used to using the Agenda view in Pocket Informant, which does incidentally show empty days in the Agenda view.
No big deal, getting the day added to the Agenda view will sort the problem out.
An excellent program, at last I am free from Google and Toodledo.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks very much for such a detailed explanation! Will think about implementing this feature (most likely optionally).
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!