Crash in 5.0 when searching for contacts

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
Piman314
Novice

Crash in 5.0 when searching for contacts

Post by Piman314 »

I discovered EPIM (Pro) only recently but am very impressed by its functionality and continued improvements. After two months, I am already at the point where I can't live without it.

This morning's upgrade to version 5.0 for Android added some welcome improvements but unfortunately also introduced a bug. When searching for a name among the contacts, correct results are shown, but if any action is taken, such as selecting one of the names suggested, the app crashes. Restarting the phone and restarting the app leads to the same result. I am using Android 7.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

As a workaround, I am selecting the contacts manually from the contact list. This functions as it should. I would, however, suggest making the little slider on the right a bit wider and moving it a millimeter toward the center. On, the Edge screen, it starts out partly underneath the vertical bar next to the power button that activates the sidebar window.

Thanks to the developers for their hard work. Looking forward to a fix for the crash!
Happily using Essential PIM Pro on Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Windows 7 Starter (32-bit), and Android 8.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to manage all of life's complexities.
Freelance editor and translator (de-en), native speaker of US English.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash in 5.0 when searching for contacts

Post by admin »

Thanks very much for your appraisal of our app, appreciate it!
The bug with search in Contacts has already been fixed in the silent update, you should see it in the Google Play store now, please update.

Also, thanks for the hint about the Edge screen, will consider the suggested improvement.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Piman314
Novice

Re: Crash in 5.0 when searching for contacts

Post by Piman314 »

Downloaded the update and it works. Thanks!
Happily using Essential PIM Pro on Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Windows 7 Starter (32-bit), and Android 8.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to manage all of life's complexities.
Freelance editor and translator (de-en), native speaker of US English.