Priorities do not synchronize correctly

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
Piman314
Novice

Priorities do not synchronize correctly

Post by Piman314 »

Version 5.0 for Android brought a welcome improvement in terms of having more than three possible priorities for a task. However, there is a bug that prevents proper synchronization of these priorities with EPIM Pro for Windows.

If a task on EPIM for Windows is given highest priority (symbol !!), EPIM Android displays no symbol, only an empty space, to the left of the task. If the task is selected, the app crashes.
A Windows task with high priority (!) appears as having highest priority (!!) in Android.
A Windows task with medium priority (~) appears as having high priority (!) in Android.
A Windows task with low priority (↓) appears correctly as having low priority (↓) in Android.
A Windows task with lowest priority (↓↓) appears correctly as having lowest priority (↓↓) in Android.
A Windows task with unknown priority (?) appears with an empty space to the left of the task name in Android and crashes the app if selected.
A Windows task with no priority ( ) appears correctly as having no priority ( ) in Android.

This all holds regardless of the direction of synchronization. My workaround is to just use four possible priorities (higher, low, lowest and none) and to label things of higher priority as ! on Windows and !! on Android, so that each task comes out with a predictable priority on the other end.

Using EPIM Pro 5.0 on Android 7.0 (Galaxy S7 Edge)
and EPIM Pro 7.24 and 7.5 RC 1 on Windows 10 (64-bit)
German language

Hope this information helps to make this terrific program even better.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Priorities do not synchronize correctly

Post by admin »

Cannot confirm this if using Android EPIM 5.0.1 and Windows EPIM 7.5 RC1.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Piman314
Novice

Post by Piman314 »

Thanks. Will try a fresh install when I have time.
Happily using Essential PIM Pro on Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Windows 7 Starter (32-bit), and Android 8.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to manage all of life's complexities.
Freelance editor and translator (de-en), native speaker of US English.
Piman314
Novice

Post by Piman314 »

Got it working without a fresh install by manually changing the priority of everything marked high or highest, then synchronizing, then changing the priority back. The problem I described may have been due to old user data being carried over to a new version. It works now between Android EPIM 5.0.1 and Windows EPIM 7.5 RC1, though I can still reproduce the issue between Android EPIM 5.0.1 and Windows EPIM 7.24 by changing a priority to one of the problematic ones I originally listed.

Thanks for your time.
Happily using Essential PIM Pro on Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Windows 7 Starter (32-bit), and Android 8.0 on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to manage all of life's complexities.
Freelance editor and translator (de-en), native speaker of US English.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the update! It will not work with EPIM 7.24 as there were no such sync instructions included in that version at a time it was released.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!