Notes

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
pmj
Experienced

Notes

Post by pmj »

1. In Notes on the desktop, the default font is Arial 10, and it can be changed to just about anything. I'm happy with Arial 10.
In Notes in the app, the size selections are 9, 11, 14 & 18. So any note written in the app turns up with a mis-matched size on the desktop. Any chance this could be changed?

2. When I write a note in the app, I only seem to be able to place it at the "tree" level. I don't seem to be able to either select "child", or later move it to the "child" level. Am I missing something, or is that the way it is?
Peter
admin
Site Admin

Re: Notes

Post by admin »

1. As there's screen density differences you can safely assume size 10 in WinEPIM equals to size 11 on Android EPIM.
2. So far you can only do that once the note is created. Select the sorting method as Manually (there's the sorting icon on the tool bar at the top) and you'll be able to drag&drop a notes into any place within the tree.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
pmj
Experienced

Post by pmj »

Thanks.
1. Agreed - 10 font notes from the desktop display OK in the app. But notes from the app are 11 font when they get to the desktop - which is the mis-match.
2. That took a few slightly frustrating minutes to figure out ... I suggest the following edit:
Select the sorting method as Manually (there's the sorting icon on the tool bar at the top) and you'll be able to drag&drop a note using the horizontal bar icons at the right side into any place within the tree.
Peter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. Would you prefer having 10 font as the default one in Android EPIM or would you prefer having an option to set the default font to 10?
2. My fault sorry, I thought the horizontal bar icons were self explanatory.
pmj
Experienced

Post by pmj »

1. I'd be happy with either. The first is less work (!) but I don't mind spending time customizing software.
2. Just being slightly fussy here ... there are just too many different methods of grabbing something to drag it :-(.

I'm enjoying this program. I've been using Palm Desktop for years, on several computers, together with a Palm Treo whose sole function has been to synchronize between work and home. I'm almost at the point where I've replaced all of the PD functionalities (and I appreciate the additional ones!). I will probably have more Qs .....
Peter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1. Okay, thanks for your thoughts, will improve this in the next version.
2. In any case, appreciate your feedback! Always good to know whether there's something to improve regarding how users see and understand the app's functionality.

If you have any other thoughts/suggestions, please let us know :)