Do notes sync reliabily for most of you?

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
johncesta
Guru

Do notes sync reliabily for most of you?

Post by johncesta »

I've been at this for over a year. Installed all the new updates betas etc and still notes do not sync reliabily if at all.

Today I tried again with all the new versions. I synced on my 7.0 android tart and managed to only get 3 of the over 10 folders on my google drive.

I added a note on my tablet with an attachment and an image. It doesn't sync to my phone.

I uinstalled the app on my tablet and started over. It synced the 3 folders of the 10 from Google but in one folder duplicated a note about 3 times. Don't know why.

It simply doesn't work.

I've read where other companies have problems syncing to Google drive and have gone elsewhere to sync.

I also have many other apps that sync to Dropbox and onedrive and they all work pretty well.

Also, I have a few apps that sync to their own servers and these all work perfectly.

I think epim should consider changing their model and go somewhere else to sync notes

Or perhaps I'm the only one out here who has had consistent sync problems with Google drive and maybe I should just shut up and give up. Or give up and shut up. Either way.

John
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus
a8907433
Guru

Re: Do notes sync reliabily for most of you?

Post by a8907433 »

I do not sync anything. I have my data portable- that´s enough. I try to sync from time to time...... but this does not work reliably. Perhaps I would sync from my computer to my mobile- some time, when it works really and reliable.
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

I only sync one-way from the laptop to my 4.2 tablet and 7.1 smartphone. In earlier 7.0 versions of WinEPIM I had problems that not all notes were synchronized, but nowadays it works okay again. I don't know which version corrected the problem, but synchronizing notes works okay from laptop to mobile.

I do not use dropbox, google or owncloud to synchronize.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've been at this for over a year. Installed all the new updates betas etc and still notes do not sync reliabily if at all.
Please mention your current AEPIM version, so that we are sure you really do have the latest one.
Today I tried again with all the new versions. I synced on my 7.0 android tart and managed to only get 3 of the over 10 folders on my google drive.
What do you mean by saying "all the new versions"? There's only one version of Android EPIM.
I added a note on my tablet with an attachment and an image. It doesn't sync to my phone.
Do you see that note on the Google Drive if you check it out using a web browser?

If there's any problems, we'd love to fix them. But we need to get more info about the problems first. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
swwhit52
Novice

Post by swwhit52 »

Downloaded and installed epim windows free 7.62 and android 5.3.5. Sync successful, but notes do not appear in correct order after manually re-ordering in either platform.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oder of notes will not be synchronized. We plan to add this feature in one of the upcoming new versions. Thanks!
dukeofkarlov

Post by dukeofkarlov »

Every time my phone syncs it duplicates the note. I ended up with the same note about 10 times on my phone. This is one reason I stopped using the Android app.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We would like to see the log file, it can be found here: Tools->Options->Synchronization, Browse... You might also want to clear up Android sync data from File->Database Management, usually that helps. Thanks.
johncesta
Guru

Post by johncesta »

I tried all those things with regard to syncing to google drive.

I spent untold hours and days and weeks trying to manage to get it to work. I consider myself an advanced computer user.

I had newest version on all platforms, I checked google drive to see if files and folders were present, I purged the devices and started over, and over, and over.

Never worked right. Drove me crazy. I left epim for a year.

I came back to epim and used the wireless syncing for my PC, TABLET, and PHONE and it all works great now.

J
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

I synchronized my PC with tablet, with the newest version (8.02) over EPIM Cloud. One Way (EPIM > Cloud, Cloud > EPIM). Suprisingly, that worked without any bug!
I wished, EPIM Cloud would work for AEPIM too.... I never will use Google Cloud or another Cloud service, which is payed with my data (instead my money).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This will be implemented in the future. Thanks!