Android syncing works for contacts, but not for calendar

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
lk
Guru

Android syncing works for contacts, but not for calendar

Post by lk »

Hi there,

I just tried to sync my freshly bought Samsung tablet A10.1 2016 (T585) with Android. So installed the most recent version of EPIM for Android on it, set up synchronisation for contacts and calendar, started syncing (it uses port 21115, probably because there is another sync with my smartphone) and the contacts were synced to the tablet in one second. However, syncing the calendar items fails! On the tablet display appears a white window "Syncing calendar...", but nothing happens. It doesn't seem to be a network/firewall issue, bcause syncing of the contacts worked.

Syncing of contacts and calendar to/from my smartphone (port 21114) still works. My WIndows 8.1 Pro still runs EPIM 6.58.

Any ideas?

lk
admin
Site Admin

Re: Android syncing works for contacts, but not for calendar

Post by admin »

Most likely the problem is with the legacy EPIM version. There's been numerous improvements/changes to the synchronization feature since EPIM 6.58 and it seems the old version is just not able to handle them correctly. Please update to 7.61, I'm pretty sure synchronization will start working as expected again.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!