Reminder Ringtone

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
markdate
Novice

Re: Reminder Ringtone

Post by markdate »

However the EPIM organizer "saves my life" at so hi level, that for me it canot have any limitations on any machine of mine but I will look over the EPIM's app permisions. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
markdate
Novice

Post by markdate »

I watched over all the permisions of adro for EPIM but everything looks to be set just specialy for good EPIM's operation. Well, maybe I looked over not so well. This could happen too. :-) An interesting matter is that sometimes an appointment set inside phone application uses the ringtone that is set for epim. Unfortunately I did not discovered any rule for that. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not.
Because I had very good saved my bases I wonder that maybe removing EPIM from PC and from my phone and installing them again will bring some clear into cowork EPIM's PC and phone organizers. Maybe the reinstallation process reaches to a "place" I canot find it, or maybe for me not visible.
I understand that everytime reinstallation can bring some unexpected effects, in forgotten areas, so I keep it on my side.
I have another question. If I deinstall EPIM organizer from my PC (XP) and from mobile phone (Andro 9) will the process remove all old settings and installation after that will set them up from the begining?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can backup your data and settings in Android EPIM. In Windows EPIM your data is stored in the *.epim database file and all settings are in the epim.ini file, make sure you backup these two to be on a safe side.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
markdate
Novice

Post by markdate »

Hello!

As I planned before I performed reinstalation of EPIM on my phone and pc. I used the newest downloads from EPIM's internet page. A few reinstalations I had performed did not gave me expected by me effects. During the reinstalation process I had removed all data and bases from both machines.

Before installation EPIM on PC I moved EPIM.ini to outer safe location, so the installation process created new EPIM.ini.

During the installation process every question touching accessibility of EPIM to anything I had accepted. I did not let the application access to google sync, etc. because I don't need it, and I don't use it.

Next I performed actions
- creating new appointments for EPIM apk and testing how it works;
- creating new base on PC EPIM and add a few appointments to it;
- performing sync between pc and mobile phone to rewrite the base from PC to mobile phone using bluetooth connections;
- testing how the rewritten from pc appointments works on EPIM apk

Facts

- Before first synchronization appointment warnings created in calendar mobile EPIM uses the ringtone defined by me in mobile settings, as it should work. It rings, blinks by phone LED, shows message window etc.

- After first synchronization and next appointment warnings created on mobile phone or PC EPIM and recorded into calendar mobile EPIM by syncing no uses any ringtone, LED or message windows. There are no any signs that any time line had passed. For a very, very long time nothing happens. This time mobile EPIM apk shows all the appointments in calendar with bell signs, but it no takes up any action.

- After few additional two way synchronizations the EPIM apk appointments created on mobile phone never used any sound, LED etc to warn that time passes.

I hope that all above will give you closer look to find any solution to described problems.

Best regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay so the reminders always work as expected when events or tasks are created in Android EPIM and they stop working when the items get synchronized from Windows EPIM even though their properties are identical?
markdate
Novice

Post by markdate »

Yes. It looks like the syncing process silences the reminders.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is something new, will try to address the issue in the upcoming 5.7 version of the app.
markdate
Novice

Post by markdate »

Thanks a lot.
I hope you will solve the problem in the new app version.
markdate
Novice

Post by markdate »

However I had performed all actualizations that were suggested to me last days to make, but nothing had changed with the sounds of my mobile Epim. EPIM apk works the same way as I had described before. Only andro default system sound is used by apk as a reminder sound. EPIM apk sound settings are not used.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What's the Android EPIM version number?
markdate
Novice

Post by markdate »

Andro Epim version is 5.7
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Where the custom sound file is located - in your device's memory or on the external SD card? If the latter, please try to move it into internal memory.
markdate
Novice

Post by markdate »

File for a few years was and now is located in internal memory in cathalog /storage/emulated/0/Notifications
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please mention your device make and model, will try to get that specific phone and check it out on our side. So far there's no similar problem reports from other users and we were unable to reproduce the problem with our testing units, unfortunately.
markdate
Novice

Post by markdate »

The problem I'd like to solve I had described the first time at Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:27 pm. Later I had wrote many times in current topic discussion, so if you read preceding posts you will know a lot of details.

Essence of the problem is that I had set in EPIM apk my own sound for appointments. Appointment created in mobile phone uses the defined tone only to the nearest syncing with PC EPIM. It looks that syncing sets overriding sound defined inside apk.

PC Laptop
Dell E4300 3,45GB RAM
Windows XP ver 2002 SP 3
EssentialPIMPro 8.63

Mobile phone
Asus Zenfone Pro M2 6GB RAM
Android 9
EPIM Pro ver.5.7