2-3 bugs (still on 5.7.1)

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
Alfhw
Guru

2-3 bugs (still on 5.7.1)

Post by Alfhw »

Hi,
I've found 2 bugs.
5.6.2 PRO (but the 2 bugs were present also before) and Samsung S7 Flat with Android 8.0 stock

1)
Open Epim from widgets. Go to Menù. Tap home (casa). Instead of going to the home screen it exits. Workaround is to tap to another module and after tap home. See to following video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-2U3Y ... 52lKd2vjdd

2)
You have some appointments notifications which sound and pop-up as usual. The problem is that if you leave them on the notification bar (because maybe you haven't done them yet). When later you delete one of them, the last one in the list pop-up and sounds again even with led blinking as it is a completely new appointment! :shock:
This is very annoying! See the video below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-4CRS ... 7zmYJCqnJ0
Last edited by Alfhw on Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2 bugs

Post by admin »

Confirm the problems, thanks, will fix.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!

Alfhw
Guru

Re: 2 bugs

Post by Alfhw »

Hi,
also these 2 bugs are still present in 5.7.1 :(

I also found another bug

3) An alarm sounds (es. appointment) and the led notification starts blinking. You turn on the screen to see the notification. You tap on the notification on the lock screen: this open essentialpim so you can fully read the appointment. If you don't dismiss the appointment and you leave the essentialpim app open (also in background), the notification led will continue to blink forever!
Workaround is to turn on the screen and tap again on the notification on the lock screen opening again essentialpim.

Please fix these bugs. Especially 2) and 3) because they are very annoying!

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2-3 bugs (still on 5.7.1)

Post by admin »

1 and 2 will try to address in the next update.
As for the number 3. You should get into the reminders window after tapping on the notification shown on the lock screen. And since you do not dismiss or tap on the reminder, the system continues to keep notifying you about it.

Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

admin wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:09 pm
As for the number 3. You should get into the reminders window after tapping on the notification shown on the lock screen. And since you do not dismiss or tap on the reminder, the system continues to keep notifying you about it.
I've checked again
Steps
1) An alarm sounds (es. appointment) and the led notification starts blinking.
2) You turn on the screen to see the notification.
3) You double-tap on the notification on the lock screen: this open essentialpim so you can fully read the appointment.
4) You turn off the screen
5) Led continue to blink if you don't dismiss the reminder or tap the reminder in the essentialpim screen

And I think it starts with 5.6 or 5.5. I think that before it was not necessary to dismiss the reminder or tap the reminder.

but instead if
3) You single-tap on the notification on the lock screen (where there is a blue triangle) so the notification expand on the lock screen without opening essentialpim and without exiting lock screen (so without dismissing or tapping on the reminder)
4) Screen turn off automatically
5) Led don't blink anymore even if you don't dismiss the reminder or tap the reminder

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

3) You double-tap on the notification on the lock screen: this open essentialpim so you can fully read the appointment.
This opens up a Reminders window, is that what you mean?

As for the second section: doesn't it work the same in case of notifications from other apps? It seems more like a system wide behavior.

Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

admin wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:27 pm
This opens up a Reminders window, is that what you mean?
Yes
As for the second section: doesn't it work the same in case of notifications from other apps? It seems more like a system wide behavior.
Seems to me that with EssentialPIM the led notification continue to blink too much and sometimes is difficult to stop it. And seems that this problem starts around version 5.6. But I will do more tests in the next days and weeks and maybe also a video. I'll let you know.