2-3 bugs (still on 5.8)

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
Alfhw
Guru

2-3 bugs (still on 5.8)

Post by Alfhw »

Hi,
I've found 2 bugs.
5.6.2 PRO (but the 2 bugs were present also before) and Samsung S7 Flat with Android 8.0 stock

1)
Open Epim from widgets. Go to Menù. Tap home (casa). Instead of going to the home screen it exits. Workaround is to tap to another module and after tap home. See to following video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-2U3Y ... 52lKd2vjdd

2)
You have some appointments notifications which sound and pop-up as usual. The problem is that if you leave them on the notification bar (because maybe you haven't done them yet). When later you delete one of them, the last one in the list pop-up and sounds again even with led blinking as it is a completely new appointment! :shock:
This is very annoying! See the video below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-4CRS ... 7zmYJCqnJ0
Last edited by Alfhw on Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2 bugs

Post by admin »

Confirm the problems, thanks, will fix.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Alfhw
Guru

Re: 2 bugs

Post by Alfhw »

Hi,
also these 2 bugs are still present in 5.7.1 :(

I also found another bug

3) An alarm sounds (es. appointment) and the led notification starts blinking. You turn on the screen to see the notification. You tap on the notification on the lock screen: this open essentialpim so you can fully read the appointment. If you don't dismiss the appointment and you leave the essentialpim app open (also in background), the notification led will continue to blink forever!
Workaround is to turn on the screen and tap again on the notification on the lock screen opening again essentialpim.

Please fix these bugs. Especially 2) and 3) because they are very annoying!
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2-3 bugs (still on 5.7.1)

Post by admin »

1 and 2 will try to address in the next update.
As for the number 3. You should get into the reminders window after tapping on the notification shown on the lock screen. And since you do not dismiss or tap on the reminder, the system continues to keep notifying you about it.
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

admin wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:09 pm As for the number 3. You should get into the reminders window after tapping on the notification shown on the lock screen. And since you do not dismiss or tap on the reminder, the system continues to keep notifying you about it.
I've checked again
Steps
1) An alarm sounds (es. appointment) and the led notification starts blinking.
2) You turn on the screen to see the notification.
3) You double-tap on the notification on the lock screen: this open essentialpim so you can fully read the appointment.
4) You turn off the screen
5) Led continue to blink if you don't dismiss the reminder or tap the reminder in the essentialpim screen

And I think it starts with 5.6 or 5.5. I think that before it was not necessary to dismiss the reminder or tap the reminder.

but instead if
3) You single-tap on the notification on the lock screen (where there is a blue triangle) so the notification expand on the lock screen without opening essentialpim and without exiting lock screen (so without dismissing or tapping on the reminder)
4) Screen turn off automatically
5) Led don't blink anymore even if you don't dismiss the reminder or tap the reminder
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

3) You double-tap on the notification on the lock screen: this open essentialpim so you can fully read the appointment.
This opens up a Reminders window, is that what you mean?

As for the second section: doesn't it work the same in case of notifications from other apps? It seems more like a system wide behavior.
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:27 pm
This opens up a Reminders window, is that what you mean?
Yes
As for the second section: doesn't it work the same in case of notifications from other apps? It seems more like a system wide behavior.
Seems to me that with EssentialPIM the led notification continue to blink too much and sometimes is difficult to stop it. And seems that this problem starts around version 5.6. But I will do more tests in the next days and weeks and maybe also a video. I'll let you know.
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

Hi,
bug 2) and 3 are still present in Android 5.8. :-(

Regarding bug 3) :
Alfhw wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:36 pm I've checked again
Steps
1) An alarm sounds (es. appointment) and the led notification starts blinking.
2) You turn on the screen to see the notification.
4) You turn off the screen
5) Led continue to blink if you don't dismiss the reminder or tap the reminder in the essentialpim screen

And I think it starts with 5.6 or 5.5. I think that before it was not necessary to dismiss the reminder or tap the reminder.
I've made a video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PzO9dT ... sp=sharing

but instead if
3) You single-tap on the notification on the lock screen (where there is a blue triangle) so the notification expand on the lock screen without opening essentialpim and without exiting lock screen (so without dismissing or tapping on the reminder)
4) Screen turn off automatically
5) Led don't blink anymore even if you don't dismiss the reminder or tap the reminder
I've made a video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rdWBKO ... sp=sharing

admin wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:27 pm As for the second section: doesn't it work the same in case of notifications from other apps? It seems more like a system wide behavior.
No, other apps don't work in this way so it's not a system wide behaviour. Consider also that this problem starts around Epim 5.5 or 5.6. Before Epim works normally. So it's a bug.

Can you please fix them? They are both so annoying.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2-3 bugs (still on 5.8)

Post by admin »

You need to either dismiss or snooze the reminder in order for it to be gone. Thanks.
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

admin wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:40 pm You need to either dismiss or snooze the reminder in order for it to be gone. Thanks.
Maybe I didn't explain the problems very well. Please have a look at the last 2 videos I've uploaded.

Problem 2) is clearly a bug. You also confirmed it in the second post of the thread but was never fixed.

Problem 3) is also a bug. Consider that:
a) behaviour of blinking led is completely different in the 2 video that I've uploaded two days ago. In the second video led stop blinking even if the reminder is not dismissed or snoozed. This last one is the correct behaviour: led should stop blinking after you tap on the reminder. The problem is when you tap and watch the reminder and you leave it on the Android status bar (for example because the reminder is not yet done).
b) this problem starts around Epim 5.6 Pro. Before it was OK.
c) no other Android app with reminders shows this bizarre behaviour. If I tap and watch other app's reminders then led stop blinking even if I leave its reminders on the status bar.
Last edited by Alfhw on Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Problem number 2 is not a bug. Do not force close the process but either dismiss or snooze or minimize the reminder. Why would you need to force close it in the first place?
Problem number 3 is likely related to the problem number 2.
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

admin wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:11 pm Problem number 2 is not a bug. Do not force close the process but either dismiss or snooze or minimize the reminder. Why would you need to force close it in the first place?
Problem number 3 is likely related to the problem number 2.
There is a misunderstanding about what is problem 2. It's not a problem related of force close etc. It also happens when you dismiss or snooze the reminder. It happen also if you modify the reminder. And also this problem starts around Epim Pro 5.6. Before it was OK like problem 3.
Problem 2 is this one described in the first post:
You have some appointments notifications which sound and pop-up as usual. The problem is that if you leave them on the notification bar (because maybe you haven't done them yet). When later you delete one of them, the last one in the list pop-up and sounds again even with led blinking as it is a completely new appointment! :shock:
This is very annoying! See the video below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-4CRS ... 7zmYJCqnJ0

You also confirmed it in post #2:
admin wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:54 am Confirm the problems, thanks, will fix.

Regarding problem 3: it's not related to problem 2. These two problems happen independently. In fact the problem of the blinking led happens also with no previous reminders left on the status bar.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What happens on the video is by design and is a default system behavior when contents of the notification bar are updated.
Alfhw
Guru

Post by Alfhw »

admin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:38 pm What happens on the video is by design and is a default system behavior when contents of the notification bar are updated.
Sorry but I'm confused. :?
If problem 2 is an Android default system behaviour then:
1) why it happens only with Epim and since 5.5 or 5.6? Notifications from others app don't work in this way and neither with Epim before 5.6.
2) why in the second post you said it was problem?

Regarding problem 3:
why there are 2 different behaviour of blinking led depending on how you tap on the notification on the lock screen? It happens only since Epim 5.5 or 5.6.

If in the case these two problems were designed by Epim developers as features, then why? What's the purpose? They are not useful at all, they are only very annoying. If so, would be possible to go back to the behaviour of Epim 5.5 or 5.6? It was so much better! Maybe an option to disable these annoying features?
Sorry if I insist with this thread but can you please ask the developers if they can do something about?