Related Items or links

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
has
Novice

Related Items or links

Post by has »

Hi, I'm new to EPIM and to the forum.

I used Chaos Intellect until now, but I have to switch as their mobile solutions are very limited. I wonder if EPIM can work for me.

I rely on very much on 'related items' - in other words when I pull up a contact I must see their prior appointments listed so I can easily access notes etc. I use most of the day ONLY a android device. Is there a way I can see related items on android?

I noticed that if I add a contact as a assignee on android app - then all assigned appointments and tasks would show when I click that contact. However when I sync back to PC I don't see assignees at all. Same when I add a link / related item, they don't show on app. Any advice?
If I can't see all appointments of a contact on the go, its basically only as good as a flat calendar….

Also whats the diff between links and related items? Do both create a relationship to be listed under related items, the lick just allows me to enter inline with text?

Thanks for any help!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Related Items or links

Post by admin »

You can see related items on android if contacts were assigned to them.

You should be able to see assignees for tasks on PC after synchronization. There's no assignees for events in the PC version, yet.

You're absolutely right about differences between links and related items.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
has
Novice

Post by has »

So in other words, there is no way to has related items on Andriod app?
I guess assignee's are different than related items as they don't line up on PC.

Am I the only one who wants to see related items on the go? Isn't that a 'essential' feature of a good PIM ? ;-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not sure I understand your question. If you assign a task or an event to a contact they become related and that's visible on Adndroid.
If you then synchronize with WinEPIM, same assignee will be visible to tasks in WinEPIM.
has
Novice

Post by has »

I just tried it re events and tasks.

If I ad a assignee to a task on android app - it WILL show on PC as related item. Great! This is what I need for events, tasks, notes, 2 way sync.

However... If I add a contact to a task on PC, it will NOT show on all as related.
Events wont sync BOTH ways... not from PC to app and app to pc. If A contact is added to a event on APP it will show ONLY only app.

So basically the main feature of having related items items on the go, can not be accomplished. Which makes this a flat PIM on the go.
Am I missing something?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

How are you adding a contact to a task on PC? Via a link or as an assignee?

I have already mentioned there's no assignees for events in WinEPIM.
has
Novice

Post by has »

Related items and links do NOT show on mobile app under the contact. The only way it shows is if its added as an assignee on PC.

You got it all built it, I'm not sure what it takes to get related items to FULLY function on mobile app too, two way sync without issues ;-)

Am I the first one to request this? I thought this is the ABC of a good PIM on the go..
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Android EPIM itself would need to be updated to support related items and links within items. This is in our to do list for the future versions of the app.
has
Novice

Post by has »

Okay! Can't wait, I've tried so many apps, none work! Be the first! Any estimate where this is in the pipeline?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Very hard to prove any ETA about this feature at the moment, but will do our best to make it happen before summer.