Password not set up but can't login to Password Module

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
byager
Novice

Password not set up but can't login to Password Module

Post by byager »

Never have used the Password module of EPIM. Thought I would try. Entered some passwords into the Password mode of my PC version of EssentialPIM. Then I checked the "Passwords" box under synchronization setup and did a sync with my Android device to the EPIM app. I did not enter a password when I set up the sync for the Passwords. Left the field blank. After the sync, when I try to select the Passwords module on my device, it asks for a password. Since I didn't enter when the sync was set up, I didn't enter one now. I get "Wrong Password" no mater what I try. Am I missing something here?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Password not set up but can't login to Password Module

Post by admin »

Synchronization wouldn't work without you setting password for the Passwords module first.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
byager
Novice

Post by byager »

Thanks. I know that sync won't work without a password being set first. The problem is that evidently a password was set up previously and not written down (lost). I have been entering all of the passwords that I would normally use, but nothing works. Looks like I will have to remove all EPIM data on the Android device, set a password, clear Android sync data on the PC, and then try synchronization again. Does this sound like the right procedure?
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

This procedures seems right, but I guess you can also (in the pro version) choose to only delete the data from the password module in stead of all data.

Also you have to set the Android password for the passwords module in EPIM. But as far as I know EPIM will ask you for it if you do not enter the password in advance.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What Peter says is true. And a feature that allows you clear up just the passwords data is available in the Free version, as well.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
byager
Novice

Post by byager »

It looks like you can't delete just the Password data without a password. That is my problem: I don't know what the password is, or if there is one assigned. So, it looks like I'll have to delete all data. I will have to look up how to do that. Hopefully, it will also delete Password data w/o having to input a password first. Will I have to uninstall EPIM on my Android device, reinstall it, assign a Password module password, and then sync with my PC version to repopulate the data?
PeCe
Guru

Post by PeCe »

I think that you can use Android settings, search the apps section.
In the apps section look for EssentialPIM and tick on it.
tick on diskspace or usage (in my dutch version it is called opslagruimte).
In diskspace/usage clear cache and all data.
That should be enough, worked for me while I was testing functions.

After that you can sync with your PC as mentioned before.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
byager
Novice

Post by byager »

Thank you both so much. Cleared the data from within Android (did not have to reinstall), set up a password for Passwords, cleared Android sync in Windows EPIM, and then performed a synchronization. All went well and my Android device is repopulated with all of its data....AND, the Password module is now working with its new password. Thanks, again.