How to insert picture in Note

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
swwhit52
Novice

How to insert picture in Note

Post by swwhit52 »

Sorry if this topic has been covered but several searches proved unsuccessful.

I set up a couple dozen notes and would like to insert a photo in each one. Easy enough to do in Windows version.

I was able to select & insert from the Gallery.

When I clicked on the camera icon in the note menu, I was able to take a picture, but it did not appear in the note.

I'm not sure if any of the other menu icons are related to this.

If there is a help file or tutorial on this subject, or any other tricks, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to insert picture in Note

Post by admin »

The way you did it was the right one. Although, did you tap on the Save icon after you took a pic?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
swwhit52
Novice

Post by swwhit52 »

I tried it and it worked fine. Is there any way I can resize and/or crop the image? I don't need it full-size and want to keep the file size down.

Gallery is still driving me nuts. I can crop/resize, etc, and it saves the image, but does not save it to the same folder that I got it from and I see no way to tell it what folder to save to. But that isn't a problem with Epim. I don't know how you folks keep your sanity working with Android but I give you credit for doing it!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can crop an image at a time of adding it and then once added, long tap on it in order to resize.
Shaun
Novice

Post by Shaun »

Adding to an existing thread .... saves space ? During Christmas, I had 2 situations where image insert and resisizing could have been strreamlined.
When you have several images in a note, it would be useful to be able to select all / some ( standard ctrl A / shift / Ctrl ) and then to be able to resize ALL the selected images to be exactly same size, or same width / height, if maintaining ratio.
The extension of this is for a notes 'Gallery' with a set of notes ( multiple levels ?? ), which could have the same select all or some note folder, and then resize ALL images in the selected notes. Could be possible with DB DQL, but would need a 'confirm yes / no' as the number of selected images could be more than the user expected. And undo capability ???
Epim, thanks again, let me know if you need more info.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Your suggestion is for both the Win and Android versions of EPIM?
Shaun
Novice

Post by Shaun »

Hallo Admin, suggestion is very much biased to Windows version. But simple batch resizing, could be useful for Android version as well. But i would suggest at a lower priority.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, got it thanks!