Note blanked after sync

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
garlandw
Novice

Note blanked after sync

Post by garlandw »

I am using the latest version of of EPIM on my Win 8.1 PC and version 5.8.5 (the latest I believe) on my Samsung, I had made a typo correction in a note on my PC and left the cursor within that note. I then did a 2-way sync as usual. All went well except for that one note that was still in draft mode on my PC. The note was blanked on both the PC and the Android. I recovered the note from a backup but surely this is a bug.

Bill
admin
Site Admin

Re: Note blanked after sync

Post by admin »

Will you be able to reproduce this with a test note? So far we couldn't based on the description you provided..
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
garlandw
Novice

Post by garlandw »

I created a new test note on my PC and clicked outside of it to make sure it was not in draft mode. Then did a sync to create a copy on the Android. All good. Then edited the note on my PC and left the cursor in the note and resynced. All good! Note did not go blank. So I guess it was 'operator error'! Apologies. Thanks for trying.

Bill
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No problem, thanks for checking!
garlandw
Novice

Post by garlandw »

Ok, it happened again! I opened a note to look up some info and then tapped the power button on my phone to turn off the screen. When I later opened my phone I was staring at that note but it was blank ... all text in that note disappeared. What gives?

As a test to see if I could repeat the issue, I created a new test note, added some text and left the cursor within the note and then hit the power button to blank the phone screen. Powered back up and the note was there intact. I am stumped. What could have caused the glitch?
Bill
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I assume it happened on the 5.8.6 version and there was no sync involved?
garlandw
Novice

Post by garlandw »

That is correct. Ver 5.8.6 and no sync.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Will see if we're able to reproduce this somehow on our side. Meanwhile, if you notice any pattern yourself, please let us know.
garlandw
Novice

Post by garlandw »

Thanks. Will let you know if I find anything. I suspect 'operator error' but I am baffled what that error could be. Meanwhile I have switched to one-way sync (PC->phone) to be on the safe side.