Contacts

Vote for your favorite feature requests to make them into EPIM’s roadmap

Vote for Contacts features that are important to you

Show a number of sub-items for contact groups (EPIM-2048) - DONE
7%
ore compact view of the new contact dialog with ability to collapse/expand a set number of rarely used fields. (EPIM-2663)
8%
Templates for contacts with ability to save as predefined set of fields as their contents. (EPIM-2647)
15%
When deleting a contact from the group, ask whether to delete the contact completely or just remove it from the group (with ability to remember last use choice). (EPIM-2465) - DONE
8%
Make it possible to reflect changes related to the order of contact fields on the main Contact tab with the ones made on the All fields tab. (EPIM-2459)
5%
Option to delete or hide the Collected Addresses group. (EPIM-2439)
2%
"Show calculated date" option for the date field. It’s going to indicate the difference in number of years from the filled in date and today (i.e. contact age instead of its birthday). (EPIM-2098)
14%
Increase size of the letter bar in order to make it more touch screen friendly. (EPIM-691)
7%
An option to open the All tab by default in the contact’s edit dialog.
2%
Global field update, so you could select a group of contacts and make changes to a specific field for each contact with one entry. (EPIM-467)
17%
Ability to display a certain set of fields for individual contacts. (EPIM-655)
15%

Total votes: 59

admin
Site Admin

Contacts

Post by admin »

If you wish to see a certain feature implemented in EssentialPIM, vote for it so that we know how "wanted" a feature is by looking at the number of votes it gets.

We didn't impose any limitation on the number of features you can vote for, although please keep in mind that our resources are limited and therefore vote only for the ones you really need.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Contacts

Post by admin »

Implemented in EssentialPIM 9.6 (22-Dec-2020)
- When deleting a contact from the group, ask whether to delete the contact completely or just remove it from the group (with ability to remember last use choice). (EPIM-2465)

Implemented in EssentialPIM 9.5 (03-Nov-2020)
- Show a number of sub-items for contact groups (EPIM-2048)
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
jsc
Guru

Post by jsc »

What about a find-and-replace capability, like a word processor has. I just had to export my contact list to a csv file, open it in a text editor (or spreadsheet would do), change the email addresses for 659 entries to the new domain, then reimport the whole list back into EPIM. It was straightforward, but it would have been nice to do it in EPIM.
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

jsc wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:45 am What about a find-and-replace capability, like a word processor has. I just had to export my contact list to a csv file, open it in a text editor (or spreadsheet would do), change the email addresses for 659 entries to the new domain, then reimport the whole list back into EPIM. It was straightforward, but it would have been nice to do it in EPIM.
You can do most simple find / replace operations like this in tools > Advanced search...
2020-10-24_110215.png

I've only had to export contacts out once, and that was because I needed to use a Regex find/replace operation.
EPIM Portable Pro on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit US-ENG, Intel i7 7700k, 32GB DDR4, Nvidia 970 & AMD Ryzen 2600 16GB DDR4 Nvidia 1080ti.
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, please note however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
jsc
Guru

Post by jsc »

MetalDrop,
I totally missed that! Thanks!! (Now I feel like an idiot!)
jsc