Mail

Vote for your favorite feature requests to make them into EPIM’s roadmap

Vote for Mail features that are important to you

Make spell checker working on subject line of email. (EPIM-429)
4%
Categories in mail. Same set of categories as for appointments and tasks. (EPIM-836)
6%
Ability to right-click on an account and choose "Send/Receive Now". (EPIM-840)
3%
Ability to move emails from an IMAP folder to a local mail folder of the database to be able to keep this email forever. (EPIM-987)
6%
Do not add emails to the Collected Addresses group in contacts when selecting an option to always show images for the specific senders. (EPIM-1202)
2%
Add keyboard shortcuts to change folder, move/copy messages, with folder name auto-completion (using only the keyboard). (EPIM-1253)
1%
Scheduling when an email would be sent. (EPIM-1264)
5%
Being able to indicate when you want an incoming email to be marked as unread again in your inbox to read later, in a couple hours, tomorrow, etc. (EPIM-1264)
2%
Ability to use Ctrl+Z to undelete an email. (EPIM-1264)
4%
Add something similar to tags for Identities so that they could be identified quicker by just typing these sort of tags in the To (Cc, Bcc) fields. (EPIM-1339)
2%
A mail rule that will allow you to remove or simply copy the attachment to any designated folder on your hard drive. (EPIM-1810)
5%
AND/OR conditions for the message rules, so you can choose how the set-up conditions are treated. (EPIM-1847)
5%
A setting which allows replies to an email to remain together in the same folder with the email being replied to, instead of going into the Sent Items folder. (EPIM-1911)
3%
Export mail into PDF with this filename option: "Create date-Create Hour-Subject.pdf". So that it looks like this: 20200921-1130-Subject.pdf (EPIM-2103)
3%
An archive option. This would allow the user to set a path for their archive email and then simply select the email and quickly send to a folder of choice. (EPIM-2194)
6%
Indication in the inbox that an email has a related contact. So I can tell if I need to create a contact if I want to save it? (EPIM-2292)
2%
A shortcut to hide/show read messages. (EPIM-2295)
1%
Do not attach big files to messages rather upload them to EPIM’s server and include a link to the file in the email. (EPIM-2344)
1%
An option to make rules include both sent and received mail, instead of just one or the other as it is now. (EPIM-2430)
2%
Ability to create a filter in message rules that used the parameter of "Any Header" in addition to the "To", "From", "Subject", "Body", etc. (EPIM-2430)
1%
Ability to automate common or repetitive tasks where you could save sequences of frequently used actions as a button and then execute multiple routine actions on an email with one click. (EPIM-2468)
3%
Highlight which e-mail account has new mail (EPIM-2474)
2%
Separate shortcuts for Mark as read and Mark as unread (EPIM-2474)
1%
An automatic entry in the bcc/cc field using message rules. Every new e-mail or reply that fits the rule would have my own email in the bcc field, or my partner's, etc. automatically. (EPIM-2475)
1%
Set the default sync behavior which applies to new folders and a simple feature to set all folders to the same setting. (EPIM-2486)
1%
Option to search in a particular mail account (folder) only in Advanced Search. (EPIM-2498)
1%
Export messages in HTML format. (EPIM-2549)
2%
Test the email account settings before confirming them in the wizard. (EPIM-2569)
3%
Move to Folder and Copy to Folder options from the "Advance Search" window when the search has finished. (EPIM-2580)
2%
Import of EML files into EPIM by using drag&drop. (EPIM-2581)
1%
Add an option to disable subject editing in the list of messages. (EPIM-2590)
2%
Adjust EPIM’s icon on the toolbar when the new mail arrives. (EPIM-2603)
1%
After attaching a file to the compose window, the filename will be auto filled in the subject field if its empty. (EPIM-2643)
1%
Hide/show the configured folders with a single click. (EPIM-2689)
2%
Improve the Send/Receive button on the toolbar so that it’s possible to choose mail accounts to apply this action for (if there’s more than one mail account added into EPIM). (EPIM-2709)
2%
Move/Copy to recent folders feature (10 last visited folders are listed) by right clicking on email messages. (EPIM-2757) - DONE
2%
Choose a historical date limit on how far back emails are downloaded to EPIM. Some users have emails that go back 10 years +, and do not want all of these old emails to show up in EPIM. (EPIM-2768)
3%
Ability to sign emails with digital signatures (by using personal identification cards). (EPIM-2775)
1%
List all items related to a specific email as emails can be set as related items. (EPIM-2779)
2%
Paste as Quotation option when writing emails (EPIM-2812
2%
Insert current date/time into email messages when editing them. (EPIM-2675)
2%

Total votes: 187

poet-man
Expert

Re: Mail

Post by poet-man »

I suggest, that WinEPIM presents a message, when sync with mails is going on. If this is the case without any problems, one waits for end of sync without any knowledge, what is going on.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Noted, thanks. Although such a message could be disturbing so I think it would be better to show the sync status in the status bar at the bottom.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Expert

Post by poet-man »

I'm not quite sure, whether this could be disturbing, because as far as I remember, actions are blocked anyway. And maybe info in status bar is not THAT visible. So could be, a "... please wait for sync of mails" (or so) in middle of screen might be a good solution?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you're doing something else in EPIM, such an info window could definitely disturb your work. And BTW you don't need to wait till sync is finished, EPIM takes care of that automatically.
poet-man
Expert

Post by poet-man »

So far, I realised, that going to mail module will not let me do anything there, until sync is finished. Does this behave different on your side?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Absolutely! Nothing should be disturbing you. I think this should be redirected to support.
poet-man
Expert

Post by poet-man »

Ok, will do so