Mail

Vote for your favorite feature requests to make them into EPIM’s roadmap

Vote for Mail features that are important to you

Make spell checker working on subject line of email. (EPIM-429)
4%
Categories in mail. Same set of categories as for appointments and tasks. (EPIM-836)
6%
Ability to right-click on an account and choose "Send/Receive Now". (EPIM-840)
3%
Ability to move emails from an IMAP folder to a local mail folder of the database to be able to keep this email forever. (EPIM-987)
6%
Do not add emails to the Collected Addresses group in contacts when selecting an option to always show images for the specific senders. (EPIM-1202)
2%
Add keyboard shortcuts to change folder, move/copy messages, with folder name auto-completion (using only the keyboard). (EPIM-1253)
1%
Scheduling when an email would be sent. (EPIM-1264)
5%
Being able to indicate when you want an incoming email to be marked as unread again in your inbox to read later, in a couple hours, tomorrow, etc. (EPIM-1264)
2%
Ability to use Ctrl+Z to undelete an email. (EPIM-1264)
4%
Add something similar to tags for Identities so that they could be identified quicker by just typing these sort of tags in the To (Cc, Bcc) fields. (EPIM-1339)
2%
A mail rule that will allow you to remove or simply copy the attachment to any designated folder on your hard drive. (EPIM-1810)
5%
AND/OR conditions for the message rules, so you can choose how the set-up conditions are treated. (EPIM-1847)
5%
A setting which allows replies to an email to remain together in the same folder with the email being replied to, instead of going into the Sent Items folder. (EPIM-1911)
3%
Export mail into PDF with this filename option: "Create date-Create Hour-Subject.pdf". So that it looks like this: 20200921-1130-Subject.pdf (EPIM-2103)
3%
An archive option. This would allow the user to set a path for their archive email and then simply select the email and quickly send to a folder of choice. (EPIM-2194)
6%
Indication in the inbox that an email has a related contact. So I can tell if I need to create a contact if I want to save it? (EPIM-2292)
2%
A shortcut to hide/show read messages. (EPIM-2295)
1%
Do not attach big files to messages rather upload them to EPIM’s server and include a link to the file in the email. (EPIM-2344)
1%
An option to make rules include both sent and received mail, instead of just one or the other as it is now. (EPIM-2430)
2%
Ability to create a filter in message rules that used the parameter of "Any Header" in addition to the "To", "From", "Subject", "Body", etc. (EPIM-2430)
1%
Ability to automate common or repetitive tasks where you could save sequences of frequently used actions as a button and then execute multiple routine actions on an email with one click. (EPIM-2468)
3%
Highlight which e-mail account has new mail (EPIM-2474)
2%
Separate shortcuts for Mark as read and Mark as unread (EPIM-2474)
1%
An automatic entry in the bcc/cc field using message rules. Every new e-mail or reply that fits the rule would have my own email in the bcc field, or my partner's, etc. automatically. (EPIM-2475)
1%
Set the default sync behavior which applies to new folders and a simple feature to set all folders to the same setting. (EPIM-2486)
1%
Option to search in a particular mail account (folder) only in Advanced Search. (EPIM-2498)
1%
Export messages in HTML format. (EPIM-2549)
2%
Test the email account settings before confirming them in the wizard. (EPIM-2569)
3%
Move to Folder and Copy to Folder options from the "Advance Search" window when the search has finished. (EPIM-2580)
2%
Import of EML files into EPIM by using drag&drop. (EPIM-2581)
1%
Add an option to disable subject editing in the list of messages. (EPIM-2590)
2%
Adjust EPIM’s icon on the toolbar when the new mail arrives. (EPIM-2603)
1%
After attaching a file to the compose window, the filename will be auto filled in the subject field if its empty. (EPIM-2643)
1%
Hide/show the configured folders with a single click. (EPIM-2689)
2%
Improve the Send/Receive button on the toolbar so that it’s possible to choose mail accounts to apply this action for (if there’s more than one mail account added into EPIM). (EPIM-2709)
2%
Move/Copy to recent folders feature (10 last visited folders are listed) by right clicking on email messages. (EPIM-2757) - DONE
2%
Choose a historical date limit on how far back emails are downloaded to EPIM. Some users have emails that go back 10 years +, and do not want all of these old emails to show up in EPIM. (EPIM-2768)
3%
Ability to sign emails with digital signatures (by using personal identification cards). (EPIM-2775)
1%
List all items related to a specific email as emails can be set as related items. (EPIM-2779)
2%
Paste as Quotation option when writing emails (EPIM-2812
2%
Insert current date/time into email messages when editing them. (EPIM-2675)
2%

Total votes: 187

admin
Site Admin

Mail

Post by admin »

If you wish to see a certain feature implemented in EssentialPIM, vote for it so that we know how "wanted" a feature is by looking at the number of votes it gets.

We didn't impose any limitation on the number of features you can vote for, although please keep in mind that our resources are limited and therefore vote only for the ones you really need.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mail

Post by admin »

Implemented in EssentialPIM 9.6 (22-Dec-2020)
- Move/Copy to recent folders feature (10 last visited folders are listed) by right clicking on email messages. (EPIM-2757)
gigios

Post by gigios »

My suggestion for a feature to add in the Essential PIM is the native Microsoft Exchange support to allow the management of the Exchange accounts directly (where it's not possible to use imap protocol for example).
poet-man
Expert

Post by poet-man »

I would like to be able, to switch off numbers of unread mails per folder. I.e. I don't want to constantly know how many spam mails are unread.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for both of the suggestions, noted.
atomic76

Post by atomic76 »

I miss grouping messages by date in conversation view. When a new message arrives in a conversation, let the whole conversation appear on that day, not just the cut new message. Ideally, grouping by date would also work in the old portrait view.
Opera mail is an ideal formula for grouping messages in conversations
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, noted.
pchandler
Novice

Post by pchandler »

Re EPIM-2768: this sounds very practical since no one really uses the scroll feature to scroll back to a specific email years ago. My current scroll bar is so tiny thanks to many years of email that I can't use it anymore. I know the current solution for this problem is to use the Archiver, but in reality that prevents me from searching in the same DB, as well as breaks existing links made to the emails in other modules. The alternative is to use the filter feature, but that interferes with using filters in the day-to-day, as well as requires manually deselecting years for every account. Filters with 1000s of emails are also currently quite slow.
poet-man
Expert

Post by poet-man »

Would like to suggest to add a possibility, that click on folder (i.e. inbox) at the same time lays focus in mails of that folder on first mail in list and highlight it. Background: Often mails are sorted by date, which would set focus on newest mail.
At present click on folder has to be followed by click on mails in that folder, which lays focus to where it was, when leaving folder last time, which makes it necessary to scroll upwards.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestion, noted. Although, I'm not sure if anyone would welcome such a change.
poet-man
Expert

Post by poet-man »

admin wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:08 am Thanks for the suggestion, noted. Although, I'm not sure if anyone would welcome such a change.
I'm not sure, you're right.
Because most common usage of mails, is to read newest mails, that just came in. So list of mails is most likely sorted by date, to have newest mails on top. So such a possibility could be offered as an option in options, and I guess, would be used by many users.
I think, it doesn't make sense to have focus 'somewhere', first having to click arround and scroll.
Could even be an idea to set the focus I described, to inbox of standard account (as an option of course).
DavidN
Experienced

Post by DavidN »

I do not see this on the list, but a shortcut key to archive and email would be a huge time saver. For example with the great tag feature, I can tag incoming emails as 2021 for example. Then you could read and email and select "e" for example to archive and that email would be sent to the archive folder. I use e simply because Google uses that shortcut to archive emails as well.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's the 15-th feature from the list.
DavidN
Experienced

Post by DavidN »

Thank you. It looks like it has some traction with the number of votes. Fingers crossed!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It surely has :)