Miscellaneous

Vote for your favorite feature requests to make them into EPIM’s roadmap

Vote for Miscellaneous features that are important to you

Option to search in a particular mail account (folder) only in Advanced Search. (EPIM-2498)
2%
Bookmarks manager and ability sync of bookmarks with different browsers. (EPIM-219)
4%
Snail letters editor similar to the Send Newsletter feature for emails. (EPIM-612)
1%
Action icons for the right-click menu items. (EPIM-713)
1%
Make records with the same tags automatically related to each other and show this type of relationship on the Related Items tab. (EPIM-825)
3%
Add barcode generator into wizards for creating envelopes and labels. (EPIM-884)
1%
Link to attachments via the interlinking feature (by typing the “@” sign). (EPIM-1034)
1%
Ability to insert pictures into notes for all types of EPIM items. (EPIM-1383)
4%
Export dates and times (including duration) to CSV from calendar and tasks into a customizable format, ideally in an Excel style “real” date/time one. (EPIM-1933)
3%
Allow users to search on "Item Location" in Advanced Search. (EPIM-2070)
2%
Ctrl and down key to go through a list of items in table views and then hit the space bar to mark them. (EPIM-2195)
2%
Quick Print button to edit dialogs for all types of items. (EPIM-2267)
2%
Add “Match whole word only” + “Match case” search options into Advanced Search. (EPIM-2272) - DONE
3%
Show text previews with highlighted search terms in Advanced Search. (EPIM-2324)
5%
Preview attachments by hovering over them (for PDF, JPG, PNG, TXT file formats). (EPIM-2367)
6%
User defined color for broken hyperlinks. (EPIM-2517)
2%
Customized view for both Tasks and Calendar view that takes into account search options. (EPIM-2550)
2%
Possibility to set a default customized view for Calendar and Tasks. (EPIM-2550)
4%
View broken/outdated links in the Database Management dialog. (EPIM-2566)
3%
Add tags filter in Tags Explorer. (EPIM-2571) - DONE
5%
Ability to copy a EPIM-link not only from a list but from an opened element too (a link on itself to paste it in another window). (EPIM-2578)
2%
A Clock widget (time tracking option) that can always float on top and display reminders and direct users to the full software window when it is clicked on. (EPIM-2585)
4%
Ability to select multiple EPIM items to be added as hyperlinks from the Insert Hyperlink window. (EPIM-2596) - DONE
3%
Make the Shift+Del shortcut (deletes items thought placing them into Trash first) customizable in options. (EPIM-2597)
1%
Add a Copy as Link shortcut when right-clicking on items into Advanced Search, Tag Explorer, Related items. (EPIM-2605)
3%
Highlight search text in found items for Advanced search. (EPIM-2629)
3%
A column in the table views that shows if an item has any related items to it and if yes, how many. (EPIM-2632)
2%
Same right-click menu items when clicking on tags as if clicking on tags from the Tags Explorer (Add, Edit, Delete). (EPIM-2694) - DONE
3%
Ability to customize the size of the columns on printouts.. (EPIM-2700)
1%
Preview window in Related Items (currently, we have to open multiple items before finding the right one). (EPIM-2712)
4%
A column in the tag explorer that showed other tags on an selected item. (EPIM-2730) - DONE
3%
Option to sort, filter, or search tags by color in tag explorer. (EPIM-2731) - DONE
5%
Printing templates with ability to save the set of fields you want to print. (EPIM-2744)
2%
Adjust font size for printouts. (EPIM-2745)
2%
Add the following actions after uploading a database to Dropbox is completed: Do Nothing, Hibernate, Sleep, Shut Down. (EPIM-2820)
2%

Total votes: 289

admin
Site Admin

Miscellaneous

Post by admin »

If you wish to see a certain feature implemented in EssentialPIM, vote for it so that we know how "wanted" a feature is by looking at the number of votes it gets.

We didn't impose any limitation on the number of features you can vote for, although please keep in mind that our resources are limited and therefore vote only for the ones you really need.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Miscellaneous

Post by admin »

Implemented in EssentialPIM 9.6 (22-Dec-2020)
- Add “Match whole word only” + “Match case” search options into Advanced Search. (EPIM-2272)
- Ability to select multiple EPIM items to be added as hyperlinks from the Insert Hyperlink window. (EPIM-2596)
- Same right-click menu items when clicking on tags as if clicking on tags from the Tags Explorer (Add, Edit, Delete). (EPIM-2694)
- A column in the tag explorer that showed other tags on an selected item. (EPIM-2730)
- Option to sort, filter, or search tags by color in tag explorer. (EPIM-2731)

Implemented in EssentialPIM 9.5 (03-Nov-2020)
- Add tags filter in Tags Explorer. (EPIM-2571)
worldmohammad

Post by worldmohammad »

Bookmark manager Best module this app
FireBrand2026
Guru

Post by FireBrand2026 »

I had to read:
"Same right-click menu items when clicking on tags as if clicking on tags from the Tags Explorer (Add, Edit, Delete). (EPIM-2694)"

A couple of times before I realized how great of a feature it would actually be. I'm glad I read over the list twice before voting since I skipped it the first time.
Keldi
Guru

Post by Keldi »

Make records with the same tags automatically related to each other and show this type of relationship on the Related Items tab. (EPIM-825)
I see that this one is getting voted for. So, I'd like to leave my feedback.
Please, make this an option, not the default. If everything related by tag were in the Related Items tab, it would totally ruin the Related Items feature for me. I don't care to see hundreds of items because of the same tag there (I have the Tag Explorer for that just one click away) and the items I actually manually added as related being lost among all those tag-related.
I don't vote against or for the feature. I just ask that if it to be added, please also add a checkbox somewhere 'Show tag-related items' which I would be able to uncheck to keep only the current functionality of Related Items.

Regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Will do, thanks for the feedback.