Printing Completed Tasks Without Strikethrough Line

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

jp-pimuser

Printing Completed Tasks Without Strikethrough Line

Post by jp-pimuser »

Is there a way to print a task report of completed tasks without the strikethrough line on the printout? I've looked through the software and can't find how to do that.

I added a custom field which is "Billable?" I want to be able to print a report of all tasks that were Billable and give to my assistant to invoice the client but it's hard for her to read the report with the strikethrough line.

Maybe I'm missing the option? Thanks!
Max
Site Admin

Re: Printing Completed Tasks Without Strikethrough Line

Post by Max »

There is no such feature, but we will see if that can be implemented in one of the future updates.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
henacynflin
Experienced

Post by henacynflin »

I'd like to add my support for this feature. Sometimes it is necessary to have a list of work done and this needs to be legible.
sdillo
Novice

Post by sdillo »

There maybe a temporary process until the feature is added. The EPIM database tables can be accessed to retrieve tasks without the line through the middle of the task. Information on accessing the EPIM Firebird database tables are on the bottom of this post.

I was able to get the TODO Title and Text (Task Note) decrypted. I had to remove the Essential Pro Portable password which decrypted the entire *.EPIM database. A pic of the Crystal Report of test task elapsed times is shown below:
Task Elapsed Time.jpg
Task Elapsed Time.jpg (23.94 KiB) Viewed 1147 times
The email data is still encrypted. I had no Password Module information to verify encryption. I would rather not sacrifice security of the EPIM database to be able to report elapsed time on tasks.

I hope that the Essential PIM Pro developers would consider allowing the user to decrypted the Task Module while maintaining database password protection and encryption on all other modules.

Thanks
sdillo

Windows 10 Home
Essential PIM Pro Portable
Firebird_ODBC_205.156_Win32
Windows - ODBC Data Source Admnistrator (32-bit) System DSN (Database: (Production).EPIM, Client: (Essential PIM folder)\Gds32.dll,
Database Account: SYSDBA, Password: masterkey
DBeaver database manager 32 bit (for viewing tables, fields and data)
Crystal Reports XI, 32-bit. ODBC (RDO) connection
sdillo
Novice

Post by sdillo »

Sorry the pic on the previous post was too small to view. I hope this pic will work.
Task Elapsed Time.jpg
Thanks
sdillo
Keldi
Guru

Post by Keldi »

...or a simple solution without involving Firebird (works if you don't care about printing out the completion date):
1. Create a new list in tasks 'For Print'.
2. Switch to the list with the tasks you want to print out (or to consolidated view) and make the necessary search (or was it sorting by 'Billable'? Well, you know better what you want to print).
3. Select the tasks by drawing a rectangle with left mouse button (or left mouse click on tasks while holding SHIFT or CTRl), Ctrl+C (or right click menu -> Copy).
4. Paste the copy of tasks into the list 'For Print', Ctrl+A (select all), right click menu -> Completion -> None.
5. Print it out. :-)
(I'm suggesting making a copy here, because if you just switch the completion on the original tasks, you'll lose all the information about when the tasks were completed)

Or one more way - export tasks to html:
1. Select the tasks.
2. File -> Export -> Tasks -> HTML file. Choose in the 'Tasks to be exported' window: Selected. You can also choose the necessary fields under the Fields button (CTRL + left mouse click on the names there).
3. Open the html file in any plain text editor, make a search&replace for <strike> and </strike> into nothing (optionally you can also change gray font to black by replacing <font color=#808080> with <font color=#000000>), save.
4. Open the html in anything that'll display all the formatting (usually, just double click on the file to launch it in the default web browser).
5. Print it out.

Regards