email hide/declutter button

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Essy
Experienced

email hide/declutter button

Post by Essy »

If I look at my email accounts linked to ePIM I mainly use 'Inbox' and a few 'Labelled' folders.
The other like sent, drafts, spam, etc most certainly are very useful to have, but most of the time they clutter the clean look of ePIM.

My request is a button that hides/shows the folders I configured. By that I mean with a single click. I know about Tools>Manage Folders but that's too many clicks...
Max
Site Admin

Re: email hide/declutter button

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you, suggestion noted. It makes sense only if you often hide and unhide folders. Can you elaborate, why this would happen?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Essy
Experienced

Post by Essy »

There is no technical reason for my request. What I like about the ePIM email client is the clean look. Easy on the eyes, etc.
That's all. My preference.

I think the creators of ePIM at least in part share that preference with me because of the option to collapse a whole account.
As an example let's take a simple email account. All I need for daily use is "Inbox"
Outbox, Sent Item, Drafts, Spam, and All Mail, I usually don't need so they could be hidden most of the time.

My suggestion would be something like this. The collapse tree/account has a double function.
Click 1, hide as I requested.
Click 2, totally collapse the tree.
Keldi
Guru

Post by Keldi »

As a way of elaborating...
Please take a look at how Thunderbird went about the same thing (hiding some folders): https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/sw ... -pane-view

They have a quick switcher between All Folders and other different views (a list of selected by user folders, only folders with unread messages, combined view for folders from different accounts but with the same name and so on).
It allows to quickly filter the long list of folders (especially if there are several mail accounts) into a focused view for what you need right now.
I believe EPIM can benefit from going somewhere in the same direction.

Regards
Essy
Experienced

Post by Essy »

How could I forget Thunderbird....
I have it on my laptop because it's hybrid pop/imap function. Great when reading mail without internet.
That was before I really started looking the ePIM email.

Especially on a laptop a minimizing needed space is great. ePIM goes a long way in that.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you, your suggestion is clear.
Maxim,
EPIM Team