Zoom text in notes.

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

FireBrand2026
Guru

Zoom text in notes.

Post by FireBrand2026 »

Having just upgraded to a high DPI display the lack of zoom in notes is quite noticeable.

I could go though by hand and change all the notes sizes, but besides being unreasonable that would also effect how things print witch would be unacceptable.

Emails zoom as expected, so my suggestion would be to simply add the same zooming ability for notes as there is for emails.
Rose Ford
Guru

Re: Zoom text in notes.

Post by Rose Ford »

+ Here as well, finally decided to upgrade my ancient screen to a 4k models today and notes in EPIM are now pretty much un-readable.

Not sure what I'll do about it either other than hope a zoom gets added sooner rather than later.
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

I have 3, 28" 4K monitors on a PC running Win10.

I have no problem reading notes in EPIM, and believe me, my eyesight is barely corrected. All one needs to do is to go into options and set the default font size for notes. At least for me, that works very well. Hope that works for everyone else, too.

Now, for old notes written on a previous low resolution monitor, one could "select all" and use a font style to change the notes' size. This works well ofr me, although it's a problem if the original note had different font sizes to begin with.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
Rose Ford
Guru

Post by Rose Ford »

ecsaltz wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:49 am I have 3, 28" 4K monitors on a PC running Win10.

I have no problem reading notes in EPIM, and believe me, my eyesight is barely corrected. All one needs to do is to go into options and set the default font size for notes. At least for me, that works very well. Hope that works for everyone else, too.

Now, for old notes written on a previous low resolution monitor, one could "select all" and use a font style to change the notes' size. This works well ofr me, although it's a problem if the original note had different font sizes to begin with.
As mentioned by the first poster that doesn't work if you are printing off notes for office work.
You can set a default font size, which is than going to print at that size...
Which is why so many text editors have zoom, and not just font size.
FireBrand2026
Guru

Post by FireBrand2026 »

On top of what's already been said about printing issues. Increasing the default font size, also creates issues for rich copy/past and shearing exported notes with other people.

Also worth noting as someone who uses the Business/network version as well resorting to that would create issues for other clients as well, as it's quite common for different people to have different screen setups.
TumbleDoor
Guru

Post by TumbleDoor »

+1 another major issue with no note zoom is hampering portability. Yesterday I tried to use my normally always handy portable EPIM on a 24" 4K screen at a coworkers house and it was pretty horrible.

I also have to agree that even if you are using EPIM on only a single system changing the default font size to something besides a standard print size is probably asking for long term trouble.
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

Rose Ford wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 pm
ecsaltz wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:49 am I have 3, 28" 4K monitors on a PC running Win10.

As mentioned by the first poster that doesn't work if you are printing off notes for office work.
You can set a default font size, which is than going to print at that size...
Which is why so many text editors have zoom, and not just font size.
I see your point in printing. I use a very popular text editor, UltraEdit, and I can set screen and print font sizes independently. I can see your point, and having zoom would make sense for EPIM.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
DG
Beta Team

Post by DG »

+1 for zoom in notes.

Regards,
DG
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you for your posts. We will look into this.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
flesym

Post by flesym »

Any news regarding this topic?
Last edited by flesym on Thu May 14, 2020 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

so far that has not been implemented.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
flesym

Post by flesym »

Max wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:34 am Hello,

so far that has not been implemented.
Hello,

This is the only reason I am not using / buying the software as many of my colleagues use it and I love the concept. It would also make my life easier because of note sharing for documentation purposes.

Is there any time estimate / prediction for implementing this feature?

Thanks in advance
SilverSound
Expert

Post by SilverSound »

+1 Zooming in notes would be a much appreciated feature
schindi
Novice

Post by schindi »

+1 Zoom function for Notes is missing when you share your desktop and readability is not given
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

I regularly use zooming of text in email- I miss it in notes too!