Missing start button on Iphone sync

Discussion of EssentialPIM for iOS and synchronization
todd
Experienced

Missing start button on Iphone sync

Post by todd »

I just installed epim to a new Dell computer with win 10 pro 64 bit version 10.0.19041, build 19041 installed. After installing epim I tried to create a sync to the iphone but I never get past the device pairing screen on windows, and I never see a start button on the epim sync on iphone. The cpu is an intel I9-10900

I’ve checked that they are on the same network and tried changing port numbers randomly but that didn’t work. My router puts out two ssids, I have tried both networks, making sure both devices were connected to the same network. I have installed itunes.

I’ve tried to sync using the wizard and also just selecting the iphone for the type, both with the same result.

I am running epim pro 9.3 and IOS Epim v 3.0.2

BTW – this used to work with this phone, on the computer I just replaced.

Todd
admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing start button on Iphone sync

Post by admin »

Todd, what does iOS EPIM say when you tap on the PC Sync button? Something about starting a wizard on your PC? If yes, try to reboot your PC, this helps sometimes. And just in case here's the troubleshooting guide, please check it out if not already: https://www.essentialpim.com/help/troub ... hroniz.htm
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
todd
Experienced

Post by todd »

IOS epim brings up the PC Sync screen which says in part:

PC Sync allows you to synchronize your Calendar, Contacts, etc etc
Connected to Wi-Fi network:
Jacasm
Please start epim on your windows computer and use File->Synchronization->Wizard etc etc

This is the same screen that appeared whenever I would sync before but there is no button to push on the screen to start syncing, only a link to "Troubleshooting". I have taken that link and it takes me to the page that you point to above.

If there is a way to attach a file I can send you a picture of the IOS screen.
todd
Experienced

Post by todd »

Success!!!!

I used Max's solution below and downloaded the bonjour service. Rebooted and it was fixed.

From Max's note:
I myself had a similar problem, and at least on my machine it had to do with Bonjour service. It is usually part of iTunes. I installed this: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl999?locale=en_US , rebooted my computer and Start button started appearing.