Birthdays moved a day earlier on import from Outlook 2010

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
wsmacl

Birthdays moved a day earlier on import from Outlook 2010

Post by wsmacl »

Since Outlook 2010 is going out of support, I am considering moving to EPIM. So far it is not going well.
I imported calendar, contact and tasks from my current .pst file (Outlook 2010 obviously) into a brand new installation of EPIM Pro (one-way sync from Outlook to EPIM).
The calendar seems to have imported ok, but dates associated with a contact were all moved one day earlier.
For example, say I had Bill Smith as a contact and his birthday was May 6. In Outlook his birthday was both in his contact information and in my Outlook Calendar.
After the import, it kept the May 6 birthday from the calendar on the correct date.
It CHANGED the birthday of Bill Smith in his contact information to May 5 AND added that earlier birthday to my calendar. So now I had two birthdays for Bill on my calendar, one on May 6 (correct) and one on May 5 (incorrect and even worse, it had been changed in his contact info).
This change was made for ALL contact that had a birthday or anniversary listed in the contact.
I deleted the data file and started from scratch. This time rather than accept its offer to sync as soon as I started up, I did it from the menu. Same result.
This will be a pain to manually go and change every birthday and anniversary! Any suggestions? I'm reconsidering my plan to switch to EPIM....
admin
Site Admin

Re: Birthdays moved a day earlier on import from Outlook 2010

Post by admin »

Thanks, will check if we're able to reproduce and fix the issue.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please check that the time zone settings in Outlook and Windows are identical.
wsmacl

Post by wsmacl »

Time zone on both Outlook 2010 and Windows 10 System are identical.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please mention the time zone settings, will check if we're able to reproduce the problem with the particular set that you have. So far we couldn't reproduce the problem, it works as it should on our side.
wsmacl

Post by wsmacl »

As a note, I did previously have Outlook 2010 set to Central European Time Zone (and the system as well), but I had reset it all to US East Coast time after we moved back to the USA. It was reset well before I installed EPIM.
Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please copy a sample contact into a new PST file, then try to import it into EPIM. If the issue is still there, forward me that PST file via PM. Thanks!