ics import is empty from MS Exchange Server 2010

Here we post and discuss the iCal calendars which users create with EssentialPIM
EssentialKURT
Novice

ics import is empty from MS Exchange Server 2010

Post by EssentialKURT »

Hello

The ICS import of meeting invitations fails with the message "no content in file", obviously because the file contains organizer and attendee information like this:

Code: Select all

ORGANIZER;CN=".....":mailto:xxxx@yyy.com
ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN=......:mailto:ffff@vvvv.com
When I delete these entries manually, the import works. Can this be solved in the next version by ignoring these entries?

Regards
Kurt
admin
Site Admin

Re: ics import is empty from MS Exchange Server 2010

Post by admin »

It surely can. Please forward us a sample ics file with the above mentioned contents, will double check it starts working as it should after a fix. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
EssentialKURT
Novice

Post by EssentialKURT »

I have investigated the problem further. My older mail client Forte Agent saves the ics attachment in ANSI code. This fails the import. If I convert the ics to UTF-8, then it can be imported without problem. So, the problem seems to be the Forte Agent settings. Perhaps I have to switch to the built-in mail client of EssentialPIM, which reads the ics attachments without problem.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Understood, thanks for the update. Switching to and using EPIM as an email client is always a good idea :)
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!