Dropbox

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

ablamis23
Novice

Dropbox

Post by ablamis23 »

I do not remember, for how many year I'm using EPIM. What a great program! And with every new version, it get's better (well, most of the time). Please take care, that the program does not get overloaded! And if so, give me the choice, which modules I want to be visible (great thing to have). I for example do not need the modules "Mail" and "Passwords". The same would got for the Dropbox-item. It just fills out the menu (Cloud, open from.., save to...).
I wish, I would have the choice (if yes, then all items in the menues are shown, if no, then all entries in the menues are hidden).
Simply, because I think, "Dropbox" ist not the last item you ad to the program.
For those who do not want every bell and whistle, give them a chance to "hide" the unwanted items.
Thank you. Keep up your excellent work!
a8907433
Guru

Re: Dropbox

Post by a8907433 »

I completely agree with this!
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

ablamis23 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:42 pm I do not remember, for how many year I'm using EPIM. What a great program! And with every new version, it get's better (well, most of the time). Please take care, that the program does not get overloaded! And if so, give me the choice, which modules I want to be visible (great thing to have). I for example do not need the modules "Mail" and "Passwords". The same would got for the Dropbox-item. It just fills out the menu (Cloud, open from.., save to...).
I wish, I would have the choice (if yes, then all items in the menues are shown, if no, then all entries in the menues are hidden).
Simply, because I think, "Dropbox" ist not the last item you ad to the program.
For those who do not want every bell and whistle, give them a chance to "hide" the unwanted items.
Thank you. Keep up your excellent work!
From the top menu: Tools -> Options -> Modules. Select the modules you wish to be visible.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
ablamis23
Novice

Post by ablamis23 »

ecsaltz wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:25 am From the top menu: Tools -> Options -> Modules. Select the modules you wish to be visible.
Because english is not my mother tongue, you misunderstood me. I do use the option. I just wish, there would also be the option "Dropbox" I could select/deselect.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ablamis23, thanks for the suggestion. How often do use the File menu and for which actions? There's only 2 Dropbox related entries in it and we doubt that having an ability to remove them would make much of a difference to the majority of users.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ablamis23
Novice

Post by ablamis23 »

thanks for the reply. Of course, you are right. I only use the file menu for importing .ics and .vcf.
My thought was, that the way, you are adding more and more stuff to the program, it may sooner or later become cluttered. I personally like to have a clean and minimalist environment with all unneeded (for me unnecessary) stuff removed.
So, no big deal. Have a good day.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Understood, thanks for the explanation.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!