No notifcation rule for email

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Rose Ford
Guru

No notifcation rule for email

Post by Rose Ford »

A message rule that prevents notifications, and tray icon updates for a new message, but doesn't mark it as read.

Reason:

I have newsletters I like to archive, and I like to know which ones are new, or rather which I haven't read yet, but I don't want to get notices when they come in through the work day.
admin
Site Admin

Re: No notifcation rule for email

Post by admin »

This is already possible if you move the newsletters (using mail rules) into a separate mail folder and then choose not to show the number of unread items in the folder settings.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Rose Ford
Guru

Post by Rose Ford »

That wouldn't work very well. I wouldn't be able to see the unread count on the folder and I would have to randomly guess when I had new newsletters to read.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep, that's the only drawback of such method, at the same time could still be used as a workaround solution while the requested feature isn't there, yet.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
SilverSound
Expert

Post by SilverSound »

+1 This is a useful Idea. I get quite a few emails I would like to not be notified about through the day, but wouldn't what to hide them and risk them being forgotten.
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

I feel a little weird +1ing this because I'm currently not using EPIM for email due to the security issues with IE and network leaking that haven't been fixed yet, but when they are [and I can move back to EPIM for email from the bat] I would get some use out of this feature.
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]