About the backup problem of emails with large attachments

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

HughLaurie

About the backup problem of emails with large attachments

Post by HughLaurie »

I use a stand-alone mail server in my company, and some of the email attachments have a size of 100m, so they are relayed using the server, and the recipients can decide whether to download them or not.
First of all, I am using essential pim 10
The first problem: If you click the relay file in the email, it can't open the browser automatically, you must right click to copy the link and open it manually in the browser. I don't know if this is a bug?
Second question: I use an external hard drive to save essential pim data, so I don't need to worry about the size of the database. For emails with large capacity transit files attached, as a recipient, can I manually add another downloaded attachment? I just need to save it locally, and there is no save-only option in the draft box. How do you handle this?
admin
Site Admin

Re: About the backup problem of emails with large attachments

Post by admin »

1. How do the links look like? Can you export one of the messages into an *.eml type of file and forward to us?
2. You mean you'd like to add an attachment into a message from Inbox? If so, you can simply drag&drop the file into the message.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!