Version 10.0.1: How to restore the correct font rendering?

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Tester
Expert

Version 10.0.1: How to restore the correct font rendering?

Post by Tester »

I just downloaded and installed version 10.0.1 but font rendering is still not o.k. In fact it is even worse than it was with 10.0 Release Candidate 2. But I see that by default the zoom feature is activated. So I hope for what admin has written in the thread about the Release Candidate:
admin wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:33 pm However, I think we will be able to offer users a choice in the very nearest future:
1. zoom + some inconsistencies with some fonts
2. no zoom + no inconsistencies
So please can you tell me how I can choose the "no zoom" alternative?

Or is it not yet part of version 10.0.1? But in this case the information on your Version history page that this version offers
Improved readability of some system fonts (i.e. Arial) in notes
does definitely not apply.

For illustration, here the display with the "normal" view (= zoom 100%) where the font is by far too small and thin:

zoom100.jpg
(In reality - directly on the screen - it's worse than in the above picture.)

And when increasing the zoom, e.g. to 130%, there is again the phenomenon of the letters sticking together:

zoom130.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Re: Version 10.0.1: How to restore the correct font rendering?

Post by admin »

Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Tester
Expert

Re: Version 10.0.1 / 10.0.2: How to restore the correct font rendering?

Post by Tester »

Fine, with version 10.0.2 the font size is o.k. again.

But the initial issue in connection with version 10 remains: the letters (in Arial) often stick together.
Here again the example:

Font.jpg

Will the announced solution - choice between "zoom" and "no zoom" - only come in a future update? Or is there already a way to deactivate the zoom feature?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Probably sometime in the future versions.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Tester
Expert

Post by Tester »

admin wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:35 am Probably sometime in the future versions.
Wow, what a fine support:

- First you create an extremly annoying problem by adding a new feature (zoom) that surely is less important than the exact rendering of the fonts.

- Then you write that you will offer the users a choice (zoom / no zoom) "in the very nearest future" (!). (see the quote in my first posting)

- Afterwards you describe as one of the features of version 10: "Improved readability of some system fonts (i.e. Arial) in notes". Something that is definitely not true, neither for version 10.0.1 nor for 10.0.2.

- And now you write in an almost provocative way that what you have announced for the "very nearest future" will come "probably" (!) and "sometime" "in the future versions".

Don't you think that the way you behave and you write towards your (paying) customers is completely unacceptable?