EssentialPIM 10.0 Release Candidate 2

General talks about EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

ashballan
Novice

Re: EssentialPIM 10.0 Release Candidate 2

Post by ashballan »

How do you disable the "Unread messages badge for Mail in collapsed Navigation Pane"!!?? Please, it's the most annoying thing I find...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

But I assume the basic principle how a zoom feature works is the same for both types of software.
Not true. Different rich text processing components and thus rendering engines is the problem here. However, I think we will be able to offer users a choice in the very nearest future:
1. zoom + some inconsistencies with some fonts
2. no zoom + no inconsistencies
How do you disable the "Unread messages badge for Mail in collapsed Navigation Pane"!!?? Please, it's the most annoying thing I find...
There's no such option.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
AJan
Novice

Post by AJan »

gigios wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:34 pm I have downloaded the RC2 Pro version to test the possibility to configure an Exchange account of my company without success.
After the installation is started the Synchronization Wizard where I have done these steps:
- I have selected the option "Office 263, Exchange"
- in the Sync Credentials, for the test, I have selected only the Mail
- In the Sign in page I have changed the 'Sign-in options" to "Sign in to an organization"
- Added the Domani name
- Added the email account
- The password
- After the press of "Sign in" button it's closed the sign in page and show a small window with a progress bar and the text "Pleas wait"
- This dialog is shown for 3-4 seconds, and only a small percentage in the bar, and after is closed and shown again the Sync Credentials page.

I don't have seen any login error but I'm not able to configure my Exchange account.
Is there any additional tests i can do?
This is exactly what I'm experiencing, too. I'm using the 10.0.1 Business Edition, and I would like to hear soon if you were able to find a solution. Please let me know if you need additional information or logfiles.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Would it be possible for you to provide us with a test mail account? In this case we can fix this is no time. Thanks!
AJan
Novice

Post by AJan »

Thanks for your quick response. My question is related to my account at a project organisation, and unfortunately I am not in the position to create (test)mail accounts, I'm just an end user there.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In this case would appreciate if you could record a small video of the login process, will try to mimic it with our MS 365 account.
AJan
Novice

Post by AJan »

I sent you an e-mail with a video of my login attempt attached. I hope it can help you to solve the problem.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Got it, thanks! Will have a look.
mokaz
Novice

Post by mokaz »

AJan wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:59 pm
gigios wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:34 pm I have downloaded the RC2 Pro version to test the possibility to configure an Exchange account of my company without success.
After the installation is started the Synchronization Wizard where I have done these steps:
- I have selected the option "Office 263, Exchange"
- in the Sync Credentials, for the test, I have selected only the Mail
- In the Sign in page I have changed the 'Sign-in options" to "Sign in to an organization"
- Added the Domani name
- Added the email account
- The password
- After the press of "Sign in" button it's closed the sign in page and show a small window with a progress bar and the text "Pleas wait"
- This dialog is shown for 3-4 seconds, and only a small percentage in the bar, and after is closed and shown again the Sync Credentials page.

I don't have seen any login error but I'm not able to configure my Exchange account.
Is there any additional tests i can do?
This is exactly what I'm experiencing, too. I'm using the 10.0.1 Business Edition, and I would like to hear soon if you were able to find a solution. Please let me know if you need additional information or logfiles.
Hi there, I've got the exact same results --> back at Sync Credential page.
My org is using a login redirect, meaning that the wizard is redirecting the logons to my org SAML auth systems once the discovered domain is know.
Tested with EPIM 10.0.2.

Let me know,
Cheers,
m.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Would you be able to create and forward us a test mail account so that we could check how it works with your organization settings?
mokaz
Novice

Post by mokaz »

Ooh I'm afraid that won't be possible. Honestly, i do not suspect any "logon" issues, it's more like the wizard doesn't gather something expected. IE. if I'm doing the Sync Credentials attempt a 2nd time, I'm not asked by our SAML server for a password, as I'm already logged on.. Would you be able to detail the implementation used in EPIM? I'm currently using emClient which works fine although I'd clearly prefer to use EPIM.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Let me ask you to run couple of tests and then forward me the log file. I'm going to send you a PM with instructions.