Attach file from scanner

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

lord55
Novice

Attach file from scanner

Post by lord55 »

hello everyone!
Epim is part of my personal life and at work.
I hope it will be more improved on cloud and on the database. It feel slowly with many file attached on a personal machine like a laptop or pc when db has too much files.

About attaching file there is still not a multiple file option to select them and it can help at work, above all if epim is looking to work better on the cloud to have access to files anywhere.

Then there is still no way to attach files from scanner. Also this fuction can help a lot at work putting directly files on epim's databse or to scan them form the epim app (something like gdrive)

I'd like to suggest possibility for attach from scanner like: single-multiple scan/ Create scan profile / Manage Scan profile / Text only - print quality - hight quality - good quality

anywhere compliments for this great software and hoping in a great 6.0 version soon.
kind regards
Max
Site Admin

Re: Attach file from scanner

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you for suggestions. You can definitely attach multiple files (in one go) to EPIM database items. Please post a screenshot if that does not work for you.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

The issue here is that you are requiring us to scan something, save it to a file, then attach it, and then [potentially] have to delete the file.

What would be great is if EPIM could access the scanner to enable us to scan something directly into EPIM without having to go through the additional steps. This would help greatly...

Suggestion: Insert >from file/from scanner

Just my 2¢...
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Noted, thanks although probability of implementation of such a feature is very low as you can see based on activity in this topic.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

Just continuing this conversation, I want to attach all the business cards I've collected to the contacts in the database. Right now it's a multi-step process. Having direct access to the scanner would be so helpful. And, like a printer, EPIM does not have to know anything about the scanner, just how to call the Windows scanner routing. Windows and TWAIN will do all the heavy lifting.

Thanks!
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!