Reminders in WEPIM/AEPIN when syncing

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

kdgdr
Guru

Reminders in WEPIM/AEPIN when syncing

Post by kdgdr »

Hi,

I sync over Wifi between WEPIM and AEPIM.
Let 's say I add either a task or an appointment with a reminder in WEPIM. Next I sync over Wifi and shut my computer down.
At the correct time, AEPIM will show me the reminder that was added in WEPIM, as expected. Next, I dismiss the reminder in EAPIM.
Later on, when I'm back at my laptop an launch EPIM, off course I get the same reminder again, and have to dismiss it again.

A logical but annoying behavior.
Is it possible to avoid this in any way? For example, an option to only receive reminders in AEPIM and not in WEPIM?

Kind regards
admin
Site Admin

Re: Reminders in WEPIM/AEPIN when syncing

Post by admin »

It sure is will soon be possible. We plan to introduce a new feature that's going to sync reminders and their state.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
kdgdr
Guru

Re: Reminders in WEPIM/AEPIN when syncing

Post by kdgdr »

Hi,

Just noticed (one of) the reason(s) why reminders become so annoying after syncing over Wifi:
  • I had a bunch of tasks and appointments in which I had set reminders.
  • Then I synced over Wifi.
  • Then some days passed by where I didn't use WEPIM. During these days I got the correct reminders in AEPIM and as time progressed, I completed a lot of these tasks and appointments in AEPIM.
  • Today I synced over Wifi again for the first time. Result: I got a lot more reminders in WEPIM than I had in AEPIM. After inspection, I noticed that the tasks and appointments that I had completed in AEPIM were also completed in WEPIM but nonetheless they still showed up in the WEPIM reminder window .
  • After manually removing reminders from all these completed items in WEPIM, only the correct number of items remained listed in WEPIM reminder window (=same number of reminders that I had in AEPIM).
Please change behavior so after a sync over wifi the WEPIM reminder window no longer lists items that were already completed in AEPIM.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.