Handle birthdays?

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

poet-man
Guru

Handle birthdays?

Post by poet-man »

Hope somebody can explain it to me, because donot seem to understand how to handle?

I create contacts in AEPIM with birthday data in it. As a result these are, as wanted, in calendar as an event series, having the category in it, that I chose, when creating the contact.
After sync with WinEPIM that series is in WinEPIM also, but without a category in it.

So my questions ...
What requirements do I need, to have it working properly in AEPIM/WinEPIM
What category will be used in WinEPIM, when sync is done? (It's not only, that no category finally is chosen in WinEPIM-series after sync, but also an additional category comes up (something like 'anniversary', which I didnot use in AEPIM and which was not there before).

I DO think, that I do it wrong in some way, but donot understand how!

Thanks for any help
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Handle birthdays?

Post by admin »

You need to edit the Birthday field in WinEPIM and assign it a default category. Hope it helps, thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

I'm not sure what you mean.
Where assign a default and how?
In AEPIM there is an option to transfer Birthdays to calendar. Do I have to use a certain field there?
After WinEPIM/AEPIM sync there sometimes is a birthday entry in WinEPIM with a contact in it that has a linked entry in it, which is a recurring event. And sometimes there is a birthday entry in WinEPIM, which a recurring event itself.
So what would be the correct handling of a birthday event in AEPIM and what circumstances do there have to be, to sync it correctly over to WinEPIM.

I guess its all a question of handling, which I donot do correct?
And it's very embarassing not to have a remembering of a birthday in EPIM or not to have any categorie in it or not to have a reccurancy setup etc etc, just because I do it the wrong way.
So maybe somebody knows how to do it, and can tell me?
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Start editing a contact in Win EPIM, click on the Edit Fields button, locate the Birthday field and click on the Edit Field... button. You'll be able to assign a default category for the field then.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!