Android Sync issues

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

EoinDubh
Guru

Android Sync issues

Post by EoinDubh »

I have a new PC that I want to sync the calendar with my Android phone. They are both connected to the same wifi network. They are about 2 feet apart and 2 feet from the access point. But EPIM on the Android phone cannot connect to EPIM on my computer. 192.198.1.126. Even with the firewall turned off (with the input cable to the router turned off) they both connect to the same wireless network but when I try to sync the phone says that there is no windows computer running Windows version of Essential PIM. There are actually 2.

Sync worked fine with my old Windows 7 system but not at all with the Windows 10 system.
a8907433
Guru

Re: Android Sync issues

Post by a8907433 »

Í have the same problem. So I tried to sync from my Windows tasblet. I use this from my wifi, but another rooter access point. Here it works! I puzzled what could be the difference..... I concluded, It has to be the DNS-settings.
On my PC I used jv16 Power tools to otimize my PC, I also optimized my internet connection.... jv16 Power tools said: "It seems your system is currently using a local network based DNS server. If you update the DNS settings, some special software you might be running in your computer might stop working. Such as if you run any server software in your computer. You should only proceed if you know how to manually restore your DNS server settings if something stops working after updating the DNS settings."

Are you sure you wish to continue?"

I did it...... and sometimes later (I do not sync very often- once a week or so) I found that I could not from EPIM > AEPIM. I have the same error as you. I was not aware, that EPIM works like a server software.

is there anything Astonsoft can do about?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sure, we're to introduce a new sync option soon, that's going to be based on EPIM Cloud.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
EoinDubh
Guru

Post by EoinDubh »

In my case I do NOT use IPv6. My home network uses IPv4 addresses ie. 192.169.1.xxx. There IS an AVG firewall installed, but there also was one on my Windows 7 system. The Windows 10 firewall is NOT turned on.
Last edited by EoinDubh on Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please try to temporarily disable the AVG firewall, as well.
EoinDubh
Guru

Post by EoinDubh »

Both the Windows and AVG were disabled. Still did not sync. I disabled all the synctuff, rebooted and made sure that the firewalls were still off and setup sync again. It still did not work.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Did you try to connect manually using an IP address of your PC? Please also try to remove and then re-add the sync.
EoinDubh
Guru

Post by EoinDubh »

I have checked that the PC can ping the cell phone and the cell phone can ping the PC. My home network is using IPv4 and both can connect to the router, but it seems that EPIM is trying to use IPv6 even though I set the phone to IPv4. The phone keeps telling me that It cannot fine a PC running a Windows version of EPIM. I think that the issue is that EPIM is looking for a PC at 169.254.108.138 which is an external IP and not on my network. It does see my PC in 3rd place with the correct IP. I have deleted EPIM from my phone and rebooted it as well as the PC. I have reinstalled EPIM on the phone and get exactly the same result.
EoinDubh
Guru

Post by EoinDubh »

I got it to work somewhat. I had to cerate a new network on the Windows 10 server and setup manual connect. So sync is working now. Except that EPIM keeps wanting to connect to my Gmail account which I do not have. I used to use Gmail for personal stuff when I was working but deleted it when I retired. One email account is way too much spam, I do not need two times as much. Is Gmail required for contacts? I have my contact list in EPIM on my computer not on Google. I spent way too many years in IT to trust much of anything not on my local network.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can delete Google sync either by clicking on Tools->Options->Synchronization or if you're in the Mail module, click on Tools->Account Settings, choose the one you don't need anymore and click on the Delete button. Hope it helps. Thanks!
johncesta
Guru

Post by johncesta »

New sync option based on the cloud!! When!
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sign up for Beta testing of AEPIM in the Google Play store and you'll be the first to know :)
albaranov

Post by albaranov »

Hi, I am trying to synchronize my Windows 10 desktop (no wifi, connected by cable) with Android phone and Android tablet. What is the best way of doing it? Tried to follow all instructions with no luck. Please advise. Alex
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Did you get any error messages when trying to follow the instructions?
albaranov

Post by albaranov »

Only this one: No PCs with running Windows version of EssentialPIM detected. And it is running - portable version on my desktop.