Mail client freezes

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

plogan73

Re: Mail client freezes

Post by plogan73 »

I'm a new EPIM user and I'm having similar problems. I had 3 POP3 accounts defined for the same server. The first 2 initially read the available email from the server with no problem while the 3rd would cause EPIM to freeze if I tried to get it to check for new messages.

I deleted the 3rd account but neither of the first 2 would receive any new messages. Also, the "Optimize" button on the DB Mgmt dialog was grayed out and not available.

I then deleted the 2nd account and the first account will now read new messages with no problem and the "Optimize" button is also now available.

This bug is *almost* a show stopper as far as using EPIM for email. I'm going to try separate DB's for each account but I'm not sure how well this is going to work out.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hopefully we figured it out.
Attached to this post is the experimental 3.04 version (just unpack it into your EPIM directory), but please backup your database, just in case!
I would appreciate if you confirm it fixed the problem.
Attachments
EssentialPIMPro.zip
(3.02 MiB) Downloaded 203 times
Maxim,
EPIM Team
RCalbuth
Novice

Post by RCalbuth »

I also have the same issue of erratic freeze using 2 different POP accounts.
I use ESSENTIALPIM Portable 3.04, so this version has not corrected this Bug, which should be corrected ASAP (major issue)
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

[quote="RCalbuth"]I also have the same issue of erratic freeze using 2 different POP accounts.
I use ESSENTIALPIM Portable 3.04, so this version has not corrected this Bug, which should be corrected ASAP (major issue)[/quote]

So far this is the first report after 3.04, so we think it is another issue.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
RCalbuth
Novice

Post by RCalbuth »

1) From time to time, the account settings seem to "forget" the user name and password and ask for them (for both pop accounts which are on different servers)

2) When transfer hangs, I try to cancel the task using "stop all" or "stop task". and the windows below stays forever . I have to "kill" EssentialPim and restart if I want to send/receive again.

3) When send/receive is frozen, other modules including Email are functionning correctly.

Hope this will help to analyze the problem.
Attachments
Email receive cancel.jpg
Email receive cancel.jpg (25.04 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you. We are currently working on 3.1 which will also fix some issues.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
plogan73

Post by plogan73 »

Max wrote:Hopefully we figured it out.
Attached to this post is the experimental 3.04 version (just unpack it into your EPIM directory), but please backup your database, just in case!
I would appreciate if you confirm it fixed the problem.
I can confirm that the problem for multiple accounts on the same server is resolved. I've not yet tried it with another account on a different server. I'll do that shortly and get back here with the results.
rjmcglenn
Novice

Post by rjmcglenn »

Hello, I am having trouble with this as well. Using ver. 10.2.1 on Windows 7 Pro SP1 (x64).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This topic is from 2009. Please do not resurrect such old topics as clearly what you experience now has nothing to do with something that happened 13 years ago :)
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!