Read only Notes in WEPIM get overwritten by changes in AEPIM

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

kdgdr
Guru

Read only Notes in WEPIM get overwritten by changes in AEPIM

Post by kdgdr »

Hi,

I noticed that the contents of read-only Notes in WEPIM are overwritten with new contents after syncing over Wifi (that is, if you have accidentally changed the contents of a Note in AEPIM).
As such the read-only function is not a guarantee that note contents will never change by accident.
Any improvement to this situation is welcome, since the current behaviour can have serious consequences for some users.
Also, it would be nice to have an indication in AEPIM of what is/isn't read-only on the WEPIM side. For example, if implementing read-only functionality in AEPIM is not realistic on a short term.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.
Volodymyr
Guru

Re: Read only Notes in WEPIM get overwritten by changes in AEPIM

Post by Volodymyr »

kdgdr wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:20 pm Hi,

I noticed that the contents of read-only Notes in WEPIM are overwritten with new contents after syncing over Wifi (that is, if you have accidentally changed the contents of a Note in AEPIM).
As such the read-only function is not a guarantee that note contents will never change by accident.
Any improvement to this situation is welcome, since the current behaviour can have serious consequences for some users.
Also, it would be nice to have an indication in AEPIM of what is/isn't read-only on the WEPIM side. For example, if implementing read-only functionality in AEPIM is not realistic on a short term.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.
I agree
admin
Site Admin

Re: Read only Notes in WEPIM get overwritten by changes in AEPIM

Post by admin »

Thanks for the report, will do our best to improve this in the next update.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!