thousands of duplicated emails

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

admin
Site Admin

Re: thousands of duplicated emails

Post by admin »

Ok, one more question then. You say this isn't happening when auto check for mail every X minutes and idle options are disabled. At the same time you'd need to manually check your mail using the send&receive button and that's what you did?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Steve Shank
Guru

Post by Steve Shank »

Yes, however, I seem to remember it checking on its own even though it wasn't supposed to. I remember thinking the auto check was redundant. I've had them checked for awhile to collect data on the problem. I'll turn them off, and collect data on what happens when they are off. Also, I believe I need to restart epim to make that happen, will do.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

And we're going to introduce a new 11.0.4 version in couple of days, please check it out. There's been some changes made regarding this particular situation, would be curious to know if they helped.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Steve Shank
Guru

Post by Steve Shank »

As I'm working without those two auto downloads checked, I'm finding that if you click on a mailbox folder (inbox, or sent or spam etc.) then it syncs that folder whether you have auto sync set or not. I'll go back to working with them checked when 11.0.4 comes out.
Steve Shank
Guru

Post by Steve Shank »

Two theories shot down.
1. I'm on version 11.04 and had the problem this morning with a lot of duplicates.
2. My theory that it didn't happen unless the auto download options were checked. With both unchecked I still occurred, so my 8 days without a problem wasn't a long enough sample. So, once more it appears that 1 email gets into a loop with my email host and replicates thousands of time occasionally, for no reason I can discern. However, compress does delete all those thousands so dealing with them is simplified.