AEPIM "upgrade to PRO"

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

firstoftwins
Guru

AEPIM "upgrade to PRO"

Post by firstoftwins »

I reinstalled AEPIM on my tab but it won't release the PRO advantages. It requests that I upgrade but when I try I get an error message telling me, "You already own this item." Any suggestions on how to remedy this?
admin
Site Admin

Re: AEPIM "upgrade to PRO"

Post by admin »

Please see the following article:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... roid&oco=1
Will it help?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

I've checked for and tried all those remedies, including downloading the APK file and installing it from internal memory after the install from Play keeps failing to give me a pro version. The AEPIM on my phone works fine and it used to work on my tab just as well. I've upgraded to ver 6.0.2 on both devices but only the phone gives me all the advantages of PRO, which means I can't really use it without the advantage of password protection. Being device specific this issue might be resolved if I reset my Tab to factory settings and build up, app by app instead of restoring from the Samsung cloud.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Had the same problem ... filled in the license key again and PRO was there
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

Thanks for trying to help. Each time I tap the BUY NOW! blue button in the various modules and in the L/H pane when first starting up I'm hit with a white box which says,

Error
You already own this item
OK
and when I hit the OK button I'm taken back to the page where it asks me to upgrade at just £3.59. Where do you find the place to fill the license key? A great idea to try.

I tried turning off my device's connectivity by putting it in 'plane mode' so that the app couldn't phone home and then give me that error message, hopefully allowing me to enter my passkey, but all I got for efforts was a different message telling me to go back on line.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

I'm not quite sure, we are tailking of the same things ...
I go to AEPIM settings, there I go to ABOUT, I tab 3 times on the EPIM logo, which opens a window where I can fill in the code of the license key. In my case this turns EssentialPIM to the pro version
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

Update - sorted!
Instead of resetting my Tab to factory settings, I uninstalled AEPIM, restarted my device and restored the app from an old Samsung backup. So, after restoring ver 5.8.7 I restarted the Tab again and opened AEPIM to find that I had the pro version. Excellent! I then went to the Playstore and updated it to 6.0.2, and all is well.
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

Update update. After reinstalling AEPIM 6.0.2 from Playstore on either android device (phone and Tab) I'm not getting the pro version, and when I tap the upgrade button (BUY NOW) on those devices I'm given the message

Error
You already own this item
OK

and when I hit the OK button I'm taken back to the page where it asks me to upgrade at just £3.59. Any help would be appreciated because I can't password the app without going pro.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

As I wrote further up ... did you fill in your license key?
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

Yes, on WinEPIM. I don't see an option anywhere to input my license key on my AEPIM devices. And yes, I am using the same Playstore account on WinEPIM and my AEPIM devices.

This (below) is the error message I get on my AEPIM devices.

poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Go to settings->about, tab 3 times on the epim logo ... there you are ;)
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

I didn't know that that's how and where you can place your license key. Thanks, but to no avail. I've copied and pasted the key several times but an error message pops up telling me, "The code is not valid. Please try again."
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Quite a time ago I had the same problem. It turned out to be the wrong key I used. So I would contact support to check you use the actual key
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

Thanks again for showing me that knock 3 times on the logo cheat to get into the password-entry area of the app. It feels a bit like hitting the "About device" on an Android phone to enable the Developer options menu. I'll take your advice and prostrate myself before the icy cool tower of pure logic that is 'Support' to seek its counsel on the matter.
firstoftwins
Guru

Post by firstoftwins »

They won't give me the passcode. I've asked them twice now and instead of giving me the passcode in the format: XXXXXX-XXXXXX instead of the long passcode key I was given for WinEPIM, they told me there's a bug they're working on and when it's fixed the program will recognize my license. In other words; no, you can't have your license key for AEPIM.