Installation error dialog

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

ConLand
Experienced

Installation error dialog

Post by ConLand »

This is a small error, but it should probably be fixed.

Every time I upgrade EPIM, it asks to stop the program and upgrade, and I hit OK. After a few seconds, I then get an error dialog saying that EPIM hasn't stopped. When I hit retry, it then works correctly and upgrades every time.

So at least for my PC, it is checking a bit too quickly for EPIM to fully shut down, and throwing the error.

Not serious but could look unprofessional to new users.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation error dialog

Post by admin »

Agree, sounds like a timeout should be increased a bit. Thanks for letting us know about the issue.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

ConLand wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:08 pm This is a small error, but it should probably be fixed.

Every time I upgrade EPIM, it asks to stop the program and upgrade, and I hit OK. After a few seconds, I then get an error dialog saying that EPIM hasn't stopped. When I hit retry, it then works correctly and upgrades every time.

So at least for my PC, it is checking a bit too quickly for EPIM to fully shut down, and throwing the error.

Not serious but could look unprofessional to new users.
I have had the same small, manageable problem as well. Also, if I close WEPIM v11.0.4, but reopen it too fast, I get the same problem. It could be an underlying synchronization that hasn't closed, just a guess.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Something that might be similar ...
When I open another DB via file menu, then it closes the DB which is open right now and is about to open the one I have chosen in file menu. But then a message comes up, something like I am about to open it twice, which is not the case
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

poet-man wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:33 am Something that might be similar ...
When I open another DB via file menu, then it closes the DB which is open right now and is about to open the one I have chosen in file menu. But then a message comes up, something like I am about to open it twice, which is not the case
Exactly the message I get when I close WEPIM and re-open it too fast. Notable in the v11.x.x versions, in my experience.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.