Synchronizing Options

Discussion of EssentialPIM for Android and synchronization
a8907433
Guru

Synchronizing Options

Post by a8907433 »

Now I use AEPIM 6.02.
I dared to try the new sync from EPIM Cloud and imediatly noted, that this is not working for me.
The reason is as follows:

In AEPIM you can log in to EPIM Cloud and it starts synching at the very moment. There is NO WAY to set synching options. And this is rather bad.

That´s the way, I use the cloud, and how I would use it with AEPIM:

EPIM dektop: That´s my single one most important reference-DB. I use the cloud, to sync from desktop to my Windows-tablet. ONE WAY- only desktop > cloud > tablet.

AEPIM: There are different modules, some of them I want to have on my phone without change (passwords, contacts and calendar). But the NOTES are pretty much to complicated, nested and big to have all the same data on my small phone-screen. Therefore I use synchronizing this way: I sync my dektop db to another dektop db (with EPIM synchronizer)- only the 3 modules (passwords, contacts and calendar). Into the notes I copy only the most important notes, and this db is then sychronized via WLAN to my phone.
When using Cloud synchronizing on AEPIM, this would imediatly mess my notes on AEPIM, because I have different versions of notes on my desktop and my phone.

So, I want to have the option IN AEPIM to choose the modules for synchronize AND which direction. And, off course I want to have an emailmodule....... :D
admin
Site Admin

Re: Synchronizing Options

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestions. Let's see if there are more users requesting the sync options.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Dierk
Expert

Post by Dierk »

Would also find the capability of setting "Sync Options By Module" useful.
(So, I want to have the option IN AEPIM to choose the modules for synchronize AND which direction.)
Scott McCairns
Novice

Post by Scott McCairns »

I would second these suggestions, particularly if the exercise could be useful in debugging sync problems with AEPIM. As it stands now syncing with AEPIM via EPIM Cloud continues to be fraught with problems.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What kind of problems there are? If you happened to notice something, please create a new topic and describe the issue in as much details as possible.
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

Now I synchronized my desktop with my Fairphone. This worked perfekt - even no double entries in contacts or tasks in calendar!: One way, only calendar, contacts and passwords.
Synchronization to my tablet (Windows) also works well... not perfect: Desktop > cloud > tablet, all modules.

But this are two DIFFERENT profiles!
This is exactly what would be needed for synchronization: 1) cloud > Android 2) Clóud > tablet (or desktop).
For notes additionaly it would be usefull to select specific notes/nodes/tabs for synchronization.

Sorry if this replicates my first post in other words.... but at the moment I synchronize very rarly with my phone, because if something gets wrong (it usually does- for example double entries), it is very much work either to delete single entries or all and synchronize all again.....

Just wanted to say, synchronizing one way: desktop > Android - without notes works perfect!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You will soon be able to choose which notes to sync, as well when we introduce a new system similar to the one currently used in Calendar.