Task ends at 00:00 ... where from?

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

poet-man
Guru

Task ends at 00:00 ... where from?

Post by poet-man »

Hi there,
I create a task (v11.1.11), with begin date and time only (say 18:00). It shows the task with an end time of 00:00 (in this case 18:00-00:00),
Why?

Thanks.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Task ends at 00:00 ... where from?

Post by admin »

If you enabled the task to be shown in calendar, it should end at least virtually at a point of time, otherwise it would have been spread all over the days. Were you expecting a different behaviour?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

@admin
Yes I was!
With Android EPIM there at least is an end time half an hour later.
And I wonder why it should not be possible to show begin date/time and that's it. Just like there is a begin date only!
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think we can make such tasks to visually last the minimum amount of time, not till the end of the day. As for showing the start/end times, you can enable this option is Tools->Settings->Calendar (the "Show for appointments [start & end time]" feature). Hope that's what you were looking for.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

Well to sbow start/end time in events is vital. So this option should be active. Why there is no end time in tasks, is because some tasks donnot have an end time. Imagine a letter has to be written and should be started at a certain time, to have it done that day. End time is both not needed and not known.

Ok, if, for some reason in program, there has to be an end time, so one could live with the minimum amount, instead of 00:00. If I could wish something, I would like to have date and start time, and nothing else, if there is no end time. For the same reason, that there is a start date only (see Android EPIM.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, not sure I understand your request in the end. Could you please re-phrase it?
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

admin wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:50 am I think we can make such tasks to visually last the minimum amount of time, not till the end of the day. As for showing the start/end times, you can enable this option is Tools->Settings->Calendar (the "Show for appointments [start & end time]" feature). Hope that's what you were looking for.
I knew about the option for displaying "Start" times, but didn't know that option could be toggled to show both "Start" and "End" times.

On a large monitor, with the WinEPIM calendar module maximized, the times for small appointments in the middle of the screen were hard to figure out against the screen left hand time scale. Now, that problem is solved, a "game changer". Plus, dragging and dropping appointments are easier to do as that as soon as the appointment is dropped, the "Start" and "End" times are instantly updated, so it came be quickly determined if the new time slot is correct.

Sometimes, little improvements in software programs can make life so much better for some...
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.